Confused about saving to SD and synching

MCMD

Reaction score
I am unsure about what to do:
I am assuming I want to save my photos and music to SD card ...but doesn't my phone/camera app do that automatically? And how can I tell that it is saved? I started with astro file manager yesterday and I "think" they are saved.
I have read that apps etc/esssentially everything else i have put on my home screen is automatically saved on my gooogle account wheteher it is a paid or free version ( along with my contacts) so why does the app manaager applications give me the option to store to SD and why would i want/prefer to do this?
Last but not least I am using Home++ and the power control bar allows me to turn off the synch symbol...do I need to turn on once a day/ when i make changes or when?

Thanka alot

GregoryV

Reaction score
No Reply

An interesting question, sorry I don't have an answer, but will keep checking back to see if you have been answered. For serious droid users it it probably a no brainer, but to a newbie (me)....
Greg...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am unsure about what to do:
I am assuming I want to save my photos and music to SD card ...but doesn't my phone/camera app do that automatically? And how can I tell that it is saved? I started with astro file manager yesterday and I "think" they are saved.
I have read that apps etc/esssentially everything else i have put on my home screen is automatically saved on my gooogle account wheteher it is a paid or free version ( along with my contacts) so why does the app manaager applications give me the option to store to SD and why would i want/prefer to do this?
Last but not least I am using Home++ and the power control bar allows me to turn off the synch symbol...do I need to turn on once a day/ when i make changes or when?

Thanka alot

your pictures should be stored on your memory card.

I know your contacts are synced with google (if you have it set up that way) but I'm pretty sure that your apps are not. You can back up your apps with Astro ( I only do it with ones I have info stored on them or they need to be on my phone)

You can leave the sync on it runs fine in the background (Droid does multitasking) but yea you can do that too - turn it on once a day or so and it will sync your phone and your gmail, email, anything that has a sync

Hope this helps