Saved contacts showing up as numbers

YoungDrea

Reaction score
So whenever I receive a text message it no longer says the senders name, it shows their phone number. Which is annoying because I then have to go thru my phone book and match up the number to see who is texting me. How do I fix this?!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Is it doing it to you as well?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this something that you noticed starting happening immediately after the OTA update last week?

n2olowe

Reaction score
mine does this as well, but ask do I want to add this number to an existing contact. I assumed it was because i had not included area code or some small difference between the two numbers.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Yes it happened after the update

nicole123

Reaction score
i have the same problem. i just got my phone a few days ago, and it only does it to a few contacts in my phone, n then the rest show up as their name n picture. is there any way to fix this?

info4tim

Reaction score
Download Handcent SMS from market. Droids #1 rated text app. *Extremely* customizable

nicole123

Reaction score
i dont wanna download anything to my phone, i just need to find a way to fix it, cause its only happening to one contact

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
I used to have Handscent it was overall very great but ended up uninstalling because everytime I'd reboot my phone, it would re-send old sent texts, thus annoying a lot of ppl.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
FYI, the new update has fixed this problem.

combat_chuck

Reaction score
I randomly had this problem start today, only numbers. Also, my phone doesn't seem to be signed into my Google account so i cant use paid apps that check the license, the market closes as soon as I open it, and the setup crashes when i try to do that. I downloaded the small update and it did nothing. I really don't want to do a factory reset and redo all my apps. Also, I tried reprogramming