Sapphire 0.8.4 not working?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded these last night. Can't check the files now I'm on 3g. But the gapps link is there and the file started downloading when I clicked on it

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
ok. this time did it with my pc.the download was 65mb, and i got it from the website. put it on my sd card. then went into clockwork and selected the zip file . it says the same message it has always said: assert failed, error in sd card..(where it was saved) then status 7 , installation aborted.

wingdo

Reaction score
As someone who uses SPRecovery, I cannot recall the versioning numbers on CW, but I do know the latest version of CW is having issues with Sapphire and a couple other themes. IF you flash back to the version with 13 in the build number it should install fine and dandy. Of course, SPR will install it fine w/o issue.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have heard that if you flash CW 2.0.1.3 or older it will work. Something is wrong with the newer updates of CW not liking sapphire. I have heard also that this is a problem with a couple of other 2.2 roms as well.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using Windows 7?

If so check the file to make sure it's not named update.zip.zip Win7 adds an extra .zip and have seen TONS of people having the same issue as you and that was the solution!

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
thank you thank you thank you everyone! I have gotten it to work. (stock update plus black bar and google apps) I think it was because of the new version of clockwork and the fact that the file that my phone was downloading was corrupted(only 40mb not 60) Im actually really happy i went through with this because based on my first impressions it is really fast and smooth. THANKS!!!

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Glad to hear you have it working. I just reloaded 0.8.4 and did not install a task killer, nor did I setup setCPU, and so far battery life is much improved. I think I will run without setCPU for a while to see how it goes. I really didn't use a task killer all that much, but got rid of it just in case there was something running in the background.

wingdo

Reaction score
Glad to hear you have it working. I just reloaded 0.8.4 and did not install a task killer, nor did I setup setCPU, and so far battery life is much improved. I think I will run without setCPU for a while to see how it goes. I really didn't use a task killer all that much, but got rid of it just in case there was something running in the background.

That's exactly how I run. Task killers constantly have to monitor what's going on so that eats up battery and CPU, plus I've never been one to think I know better than the OS what should and should not be running. If Sapphire / Android need RAM, it'sll kill the oldest unused on its own. Free RAM is wasted RAM.

And yeah, I stopped using setCPU as well. Since I never used profiles, and Sapphire properly sets up the kernel's speeds and govenor, I see no reason for me to use SetCPU either. I'm still between 20 and 30% battery when I go to bed, and I do use the phone quite a bit especially for data.

wingdo

Reaction score
thank you thank you thank you everyone! I have gotten it to work. (stock update plus black bar and google apps) I think it was because of the new version of clockwork and the fact that the file that my phone was downloading was corrupted(only 40mb not 60) Im actually really happy i went through with this because based on my first impressions it is really fast and smooth. THANKS!!!

I am impressed with your perseverance, and I am glad you're giving Sapphire a real try. I find it to be extremely stable and quite fast.