Sapphire 0.8.4 not working?

Reaction score
I am currently running Cyanogenmod 6 , but want to try out sapphire 0.8.4. I downloaded it using rom manager, wiped data and cache, made a backup and then hit reboot into recovery and install. But whenever it seems like it is finished, it gets stuck in a boot loop. then i have to do a battery pull and go into clockwork recovery. From there if I choose sapphire manually then it just says installation aborted. What am I doing wrong/what is going wrong. btw i have tried downloading sapphire twice, 2 different kernels - neither worked. :angry:

Reaction score
I am currently running Cyanogenmod 6 , but want to try out sapphire 0.8.4. I downloaded it using rom manager, wiped data and cache, made a backup and then hit reboot into recovery and install. But whenever it seems like it is finished, it gets stuck in a boot loop. then i have to do a battery pull and go into clockwork recovery. From there if I choose sapphire manually then it just says installation aborted. What am I doing wrong/what is going wrong. btw i have tried downloading sapphire twice, 2 different kernels - neither worked. :angry:
i get the same problem and i use rom manager too. except i dont get boot loop i just get the installation aborted

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are problems installing Sapphire on the newest Clockwork recovery. It needs to be on 2.0.1.3 or prior, and failing that SP recovery can be used.

captdroid

Reaction score
There are problems installing Sapphire on the newest Clockwork recovery. It needs to be on 2.0.1.3 or prior, and failing that SP recovery can be used.

I don't think it's just Sapphire. Ran into several problems with Clockwork Recovery and ROM Manager after recent updates to these programs. SPRecovery worked fine loading up Sapphire. I was wondering what version to revert for Clockwork recovery. Instead I just used SPRecovery to get the job done.

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
o ok thanks. i will try doing this with an older version of clockwork recovery. i will tell you how it goes

brochaos

Reaction score
yeah, either roll back your CW or install SPrecovery and use update.zip.

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
actually i may have spoken too soon... i tried clockwork and sprecovery and both times it aborted or just got stuck in boot loop. what it happening? sticking with cyanogen for now - cant deal with this .

msu

Reaction score
I just installed stock theme back with rom manager/clockwork. I didn't update rom manager though.

brokali

Reaction score
I was having issues and checked file size and rom manager isn't downloading it all

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
actually i may have spoken too soon... i tried clockwork and sprecovery and both times it aborted or just got stuck in boot loop. what it happening? sticking with cyanogen for now - cant deal with this .

So at this point neither CW and SPR will flash Sapphire?

I would try this sequence.

Open RM
Flash Clockwork
Flash SPR
Flash Clockwork
Flash SPR

Redownload the Sapphire rom and gapps update.zip files.
Rename the rom to update.zip
Mount you phone
delete any file (update.zip or downloaded via RM) associated with Sapphire
Copy the newly downloaded update.zip (rom) to your SD card

Boot into recover with SPR

make a backup
wipe data and cache 4 times
install
install (dec)
reboot
when Sapphire opens do NOT login to your Google account
mount your phone
rename or remove the update.zip (rom) you just installed
rename the gaaps download to update.zip
copy to your SD card
unmount and boot into recovery
make a backup
install
install (dec)
reboot
login to you Google account

Hope this helps
Mike

jayman350

Reaction score
if ROM Manager is having problems with the downloads remember to clear your d/l cache (press menu in main RM screen).

A lot of times if you d/l a rom via 3g instead of wifi it can get corrupted. RM will see that it has already downloaded the file and attempt to install the corrupted files. Clearing the cache will help with this problem.

OP
BRUINSdroidBOSTON
Reaction score
i have no idea what is going on. its not rom manager. i just downloaded BB.4. then i tried sapphire again. it aborted. anyone know whats going on here?