sand in droid

Hans

Reaction score
today while at the beach i happened to get sand in the sliding mechanism of my motorola droid and it is causing the sliding to be very stubborn. I can barely open it anymore. Is there any way to fix this with out taking the phone apart?

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Compressed air might help but at this point the sand is probably throughout your entire phone.

OP
H

Hans

Reaction score
do you think if i were to take it to a verizon store they would be able to do anything to it?

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
The thing is with sand is once its in electronics its there for good. One time me and my friends were playing sand volleyball at a park and my one friend dived to get the ball but no sand got in his pocket but somehow his phone got full of sand. You can even hear it shaking inside when he shook his phone. he managed to get some out but some was still there and it was clogging the buttons and some wouldn't work anymore. I doubt there is much they could do and they probably wouldn't give you a refurb. Its probably gonna end up being live with it or use insurance.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's why i always leave mine in the car when i go to the beach or if i absolutely need it i put it in a plastic ziplock baggy. (Always double bag) ha