Samsung's Galaxy S6 to Have 'All Metal Chassis' & 3-Sided Display Edge Version

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-renders-1.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy S6 had no shortage of leaks ahead of its March official announcement, but today's intel takes things even further. Bloomberg shared a new report this morning detailing an "all metal chassis" for the Samsung Galaxy S6, which is internally codenamed “Project Zero." This obviously corroborates earlier reports which already indicated Samsung's move to a metal design.

That's not all though. Bloomberg also confirmed that there will be an "Edge" version of the Galaxy S6, and they indicated that it will be a 3-sided curved display. Doing the math, this basically confirms earlier reports that the S6 Edge will have a curved display on both sides, taking things a step/side further than the single extra curved edge on the current Galaxy Note Edge.

Reportedly, both versions will have a 5.1-inch display. Here's a quote with a few more details,

“Samsung need a model with new technology to stop the iPhone juggernaut and to distinguish it from others,” said Lee Sang Hun, a Seoul-based analyst at HI Investment & Securities Co. “Although Samsung is continuing to release cheaper models globally to defend its market share, the next S phone is more important because that’s where they make money.”

It seems all but official at this point. What do you guys think? Is Samsung shaking things up enough to recapture their lost marketshare from the "relative" failure of the Galaxy S5?

For further discussion, head over to our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 section here: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

*As a bonus - we've included some new leaked renders and schematics for the Galaxy S6. Let us know what you think of them.

Source: UnderKG

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the rest of those leaked images of the Samsung Galaxy S6:

galaxy-s6-renders-1.jpg

galaxy-s6-renders-2.jpg

galaxy-s6-renders-3.jpg

galaxy-s6-renders-4.jpg

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Glad they didn't push the size into the note range. they need to have some separation between the devices in screen sizes.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Deceased sales are because their prior models are still very relevant by today's standards, they make Motorola of old look like LG in their pushing out some new model every other day somewhere and their price tag goes up quite a bit with every higher number of previous models that are getting a refresh.
Again, it looks like Samsung has Apple users in mind with the S6 hoping to sway more of them over.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm just not buying a 3 sided display. Too many issues like volume and power buttons to deal with.
I can see a 2 sided display.. not 3

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's the rest of those leaked images of the Samsung Galaxy S6:

galaxy-s6-renders-4.jpg

I'm not seeing a form factor that supports removable batteries, unfortunately. It just looks too thin and flat, so thin in fact that the camera bezel protrudes significantly from the main back panel. Still, I could be proven wrong, these may be wrong pictures, lots of possibilities.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just not buying a 3 sided display. Too many issues like volume and power buttons to deal with.
I can see a 2 sided display.. not 3
If they copied LG and put those buttons on the back they'd probably work much better but I agree with your analogy. My mind just isn't grasping the button placement working on a 3 sided glass.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4