Samsung's Galaxy S II Sells Over 20 Million in Just 10 Months

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-sales-20-million-in-10-months.jpg

While there is starting to be a trickle of talk regarding the next Samsung flagship, the Galaxy S III, Samsung just released figures indicating how amazingly well their previous gen model is doing. In just 10 months the SGS2 has soared to over 20 Million units sold, which is almost as much as the original Galaxy S device did in over two years (22 Million). Furthermore, if you look at past numbers, by just October, the SGS2 had already sold 10 Million of that 20 Million figure, which shows how quickly it is selling, doubling its sales in just under 6 months.

It's worth taking note that Samsung's total global sales of all of their smartphones was 95 Million last year. This means that the SGS2 is over 20% of Samsung's total global commitment to mobile. It's also worth noting that the higher-end devices for Samsung like the SGS2 and the Galaxy Note are also better margin for them, so they will profit more from this as well. Motorola, HTC & LG should take note and follow Samsung's lead. One of the reasons that Samsung has done quite a bit better is because they aren't constantly spamming us with massive quantities of brand new higher-end devices. A good even pace keeps the market from getting over-saturated.

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
I second that I don't want an over saturated market of phones. Too much of a good thing. Concentrate on a few great handsets that will carry the torch for 10-12 months.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, yet more evidence that the key is minimal numbers of devices. Better adoption, better support, and better selection of peripherals. Maybe the rest of the manufacturers will figure this out and stop saturating the market.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Yay Sammy! I gotta say I really love their products. The responsiveness of the screen on my GNex alone is enough for me to stick with these guys forever. I'm not opposed to HTC, but moto has been kicked to the curb. And other than some of the newcomers, no other manufactures have a shot at stealing the candle in my eyes. Keep up the good work Sammy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
not surprising, even against the newest phones out now the S II still holds its ground very well, as far as i know its still one of the top phones to compare against in basically any and all benchmarks...its too bad verizon never got it

btw does anyone know how the S II skyrocket compares to the original S II? I know its supposed to have a few upgrades but "upgrades" dont always end up being upgrades

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've nearly decided that a Galaxy phone will be my next phone. Hopefully the S3 if it comes to verizon, but if not, probably the Galaxy Journal.