Samsung’s 10-minute charging Battery Pack using the Galaxy S7!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Samsung posted an New video on YouTube to an showing the power of its quick 10-minute portable charger. The video shows the results a quick 10-minute charge using its Battery Pack has on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. If this works with the New Galaxy Note 7, I will pick this up for those time when I need a quick charge..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There is nothing special or unique about this. Qualcomm has had this for a while now. Motorola introduced Turbo Charging with the Droid Turbo, so it's pretty much the same. I think Motorola said 15 minutes of Turbo Charging gives you 8 hours of phone use.

They are not saying you can fully charge your phone in 10 minutes, just that you can get enough of a charge in that time to use it for longer. There video lists some of the things that 10 minutes of charge will give you.

I admit the video is misleading since it shows the phone charging to 100 in the demos. That's not what you can expect. In the last example the phone appeared to have about 50% remaining and then charged to 100%, but they aren't saying that 10 minutes of charging even at the faster charging rate will do that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Remember when Samsung had removable batteries in their devices? Now that was some cutting edge technology. Instead of charging your phone in ten minutes, you went from nothing to 100% in about 45 seconds. That was some neat stuff right there, and you didn't have to lug around a cable like you do with an external battery pack.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Remember when Samsung had removable batteries in their devices? Now that was some cutting edge technology. Instead of charging your phone in ten minutes, you went from nothing to 100% in about 45 seconds. That was some neat stuff right there, and you didn't have to lug around a cable like you do with an external battery pack.
yeah instead you had to lug around another battery entirely.... pretty much the same thing either way.

If they can't give us better batteries at least give us batteries that charge faster. it's something. I hated carrying around extra batteries with me I don't mind plugging my moto X pure in for 15 minutes when it's almost dead, or while driving, my QC charger in my car works as a turbo charger to my phone, it rocks.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
yeah instead you had to lug around another battery entirely.... pretty much the same thing either way.
A battery pack is an entire battery, plus a cable to plug it into, plus the housing for the battery inside of the pack so it's even bulkier. Honestly I'd rather have a couple of spare batteries that I can trickle charge on a wall charger, and use my Aukey QC wall charger with ten foot cable if I need to juice my phone up really quick.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd rather carry one 20k mah battery pack that's qc compatible with days cable... Instead of removing my case, then the back cover than the battery then reboot the phone....

Nope , plug and play

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk