Samsung Vows to Fight On; Has No Plans to Settle with Apple

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-vs-apple-war-still-rages.jpg

Despite HTC's recent settlement with Apple, Samsung recently issued a statement they have no plans to back down in their legal patent war with the clan from Cupertino. Here's a quote with the details,

In an interview with Yonhap News, Shin Jong-kyun, head of Samsung’s mobile and IT division, revealed that the South Korean manufacturer doesn’t plan to follow HTC’s legal strategy and will instead continue to fight Apple in court.

“It may be true that HTC may have agreed to pay 300 billion won (US$276 million) to Apple, but we don’t intend to (negotiate) at all,” he said.

What do you think of this stance? Are you glad to see Samsung stand up against the bully of the tech world, or would you prefer them to work things out and focus on something else?

Source: BGR

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The epic battle wages on between the rebellion and the evil empire... que dramatic orchestra music

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm backing Sammy. Someone needs to continue to stand up to crapple and not back/bow down.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who cares, two Giant corporations in a pissing match, why do people get so personal about this crap, unless you are a shareholder or company employee of either company, then maybe yes, but if that is not the case, then I say, WHO CARES.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Who cares, two Giant corporations in a pissing match, why do people get so personal about this crap, unless you are a shareholder or company employee of either company, then maybe yes, but if that is not the case, then I say, WHO CARES.
Legal fights cost companies money, and that means funds are being redirected from other parts of the company that could improve products or keep prices down for end users such as ourselves.

Anyone who uses (or intends to use) any of Samsung's products is essentially a shareholder in the corporation in the end.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
NeoPhoenixTE said:
Legal fights cost companies money, and that means funds are being redirected from other parts of the company that could improve products or keep prices down for end users such as ourselves.

Anyone who uses (or intends to use) any of Samsung's products is essentially a shareholder in the corporation in the end.

You are way off on all your arguments, do you really think the phone you buy will be cheaper because there us no litigation, lol, and no you are not a share holder because you buy a product from a company, you actually need to purchase $ stock.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Same way ppl get personal with their fav sports team....lol. It is what it is.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same way ppl get personal with their fav sports team....lol. It is what it is.

True, but my smartphone has done WAY SO MUCH MORE for me than any sports team. If I had to pick between my smartphone and every sports team, professional, collegiate, and high school put together, there would be no competition. My smartphone wins.

champaned_out

Reaction score

so you would like a company like apple to continue to patent ridiculous items and use that to stunt other companies innovations? and sue anything and everything that comes close to designing something similar to your product..

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
True, but my smartphone has done WAY SO MUCH MORE for me than any sports team. If I had to pick between my smartphone and every sports team, professional, collegiate, and high school put together, there would be no competition. My smartphone wins.

I was thinking the exact same thing after I posted that.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so you would like a company like apple to continue to patent ridiculous items and use that to stunt other companies innovations? and sue anything and everything that comes close to designing something similar to your product..

exactly, if someone doesn't stand up to apple innovation will be stagnated unless companies can afford to pay ridiculous royalties to apple just to use something that should be open source.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...le-nexus-7-magnetic-smart-cover-sensor-2.html

The Googleans may have inadvertently caused the Apple Empire to hone in on their peaceful world in an attempt to destroy the planet Nexus 7 because their technology may rival their own. The Appleans will not rest until the Empire has control of the Galaxy, the High Technology Council (HTC), the Motorola Expanse, and all Nexus and pre Nexus like planets. For Nexus 7, removing the planets magnetic poles will surely be the beginning of a new war.

The battle rages on.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This has NOTHING to do with what I said, will it make a difference one way or another with who I favor, for crying out loud, seriously, give it some clear thought here, these BILLION dollar companies all they care about is YOU buying their products "and both are selling tons of product" and making their CEO's and share holders filthy rich, that is the bottom line, everything that happen between these two companies in the court rooms is just table talk, that's all. Samsung and Apple are not going anywhere, and neither are their litigation teams, get used to it.