Samsung unveils Galaxy Note - a new 5.3-inch, dual-core phone with a SuperAMOLED HD

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
After watching the hands on video, I really like this! I hope Verizon gets a variant soon :/

sqchram

Reaction score
YES i want a screen this size. For those of you who think its too big or ridiculous... don't buy it.. and go away.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
YES i want a screen this size. For those of you who think its too big or ridiculous... don't buy it.. and go away.
That's what I said in the very beginning when phones started becoming 4 inches. Seriously, if you don't like it, then don't buy it. There's no need to bash on something just because your taste is different than someone else's. That's what most tech sites are doing now to Android just because they like their iPhones.

I personally think 5.3" is big, but not too big. You can see that it fits just right in the guy's hand and he isn't holding it awkwardly.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's my issue with a phone with a screen this size. A phone should in theory be able to comfortably fit in your pocket but my major concern would be the screen shattering very easily. Just think, the phone is easily going to take up all your pocket space, well unless you still wear jnco jeans haha, so I would think sitting down with it in your pocket could be very hazardous to the health of the phone. One wrong movement while sitting and I can see the screen cracking. Just my two cents.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Here's my issue with a phone with a screen this size. A phone should in theory be able to comfortably fit in your pocket but my major concern would be the screen shattering very easily. Just think, the phone is easily going to take up all your pocket space, well unless you still wear jnco jeans haha, so I would think sitting down with it in your pocket could be very hazardous to the health of the phone. One wrong movement while sitting and I can see the screen cracking. Just my two cents.
Yeah I can understand that, especially since I usually wear skinny jeans..(I'm a skater :)) May just have to have it in a holster case, but still you have to admit it's a pretty nice phone either way. Even though the phone is supposed to be incredibly thin, I'm sure Sammy took this into account and used some kind of reinforced glass or casing =/

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It'd be fine with me. I wear cargo shorts and boot cut loose jeans.

random rom'd X

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can understand that, especially since I usually wear skinny jeans..(I'm a skater :)) May just have to have it in a holster case, but still you have to admit it's a pretty nice phone either way. Even though the phone is supposed to be incredibly thin, I'm sure Sammy took this into account and used some kind of reinforced glass or casing =/

Its a beautiful phone, just a little big for my liking.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Its a beautiful phone, just a little big for my liking.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.
I respect that, since you didn't say "I don't like it and it sucks" :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I respect that, since you didn't say "I don't like it and it sucks" :)

I think their trying to find a device that pleases the consumer on the best size to get tab users and phone users alike and corner the all in one kind of device to compensate both needs to make more sales..marketing is getting pretty good lately for these devices..especially like the bionic..lol they probably put all the teaser ads and shots and rumors and the whole nine yards to get people so psyched and you know..it is working because people are willing to do anything to buy it and this was even before official specs were even comfirmed...lol I love it..marketing and sales.. its a beast! I do it too at one of my jobs...lol all in all..I would at anytime take a 5.3 inch screen, and any bigger as they know, would be a tab....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums