Samsung Stratosphere "mobile hotspot feature" keeps dropping internet connection

StickMaN

Reaction score
I have Samsung Stratosphere and sometimes i go places where there is absolutely no Wi-Fi available so i try to use the "mobile hotspot feature" of the phone since i have the unlimited data plan and so on but when i connect the two laptops here to it at first it runs pretty fast and all seems great but within 20 or 30 minutes it drops the internet but still remains connected to the laptops with excellent strength and other times it stays connected for a couple hours with no problem when watching youtube videos or whatever and it seems like the only way to open a web page again is to restart the phone and then enable the mobile hotspot feature again and so i am thinking maybe its some sort of advanced setting deep in the phone ? maybe somewhere in the programing or something ?
I have been a computer tech for several years now but i am a little new to the android world here and even though android OS seems to be rather simple and easy to figure out so far this problem with the internet connection is getting frustrating and ANY HELP or suggestions , tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

NOTE: When the hotspot feature losing internet connection so does the rest of the phone too. meaning the browser stops working and there is no network connectivity at all except for it is still is able to make phone calls
In the past i have some phone flashing experience and have manually programed several phones to enable Internet and text messaging and so on (but not android)

Does anyone have the programming code for this phone along with a list of settings that should be there by default ?
And a link to the drivers for this phone?

thank you for your time i will try to keep it short and simple after this ....lol :icon_eek:

Graymayre

Reaction score
I've run into this issue, it almost seemed like my carrier new what I was doing and booted me off the data network. I would have to turn off hotspots and wait a little while

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

OP
StickMaN

StickMaN

Reaction score
Hey thank you for the reply but i now have resolved the problem completely ...

After having Verizon replace the entire phone and still having the exact same problem i finally went to an actual Verizon center (main store) and had them replace the simcard and to my amazement it now works perfect and says 4GLTE at the top of the screen like its supposed to and Ive been using the hotspot feature all night long without interruption and at 4g speed too.. unbelievable ... lol :blink:
I would of never thought it would be the dumb simcard causing the reception issue with the phone but i remembered the technician from Verizon tech support having me remove the simcard and cleaning the contacts and at the time i thought it was lame but as a last resort i removed the simcard and took a razor blade and carefully scratched the connections to give all of them a better contact with the card since a few looked like they barely connected and that gave me 3G connection right away for a little while and it even said 4G for a minute or two and then an hour later it lost all data connection again so i decided what the heck ill go get a new simcard and bam its fixed 100%... lol ... now all i need to do is complain about the horrible service Ive had because of the bad simcard they gave me on day one... maybe they will reduce my bill? ... lol... i doubt it ....lol... but anyway if your having data connection issues try getting a new simcard from your carrier and see if the problem goes away ......

tandm92

Reaction score
Hey just a stupid question, don't you have to pay separate for your phone to be a hotspot? I have unlimited data, but always thought you had to pay for the hotspot feature.