Samsung Scores Big with 10 Million Galaxy S5 Shipments in Record-Breaking 25 Days

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
back-s5.jpg

While there is an obvious difference between shipments to retailers and actual sales to customers, from the point of view of Samsung it basically amounts to the same thing. Sammy must be thrilled by the total shipped results of their newest flagship, the Galaxy S5. According to the latest report, Samsung shipped a record breaking 10 Million Galaxy S5 smartphones in only 25 days.

Here's a quote with the details on this amazing feat,

One should keep in mind though that this figure talks about shipments and not unit sales, therefore its not correct to assume that the company has been able to sell 10 million units in 25 days, even though the Galaxy S5 is the kind of smartphone that can easily sell more than 10 million units throughout its lifetime.

The Galaxy S4 reached this milestone in 27 days which was a record in itself last year. Previous Galaxy flagships even took longer to achieve 10 million retail channel sales. Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2 and the original Galaxy S took 50 days, 5 months and 7 months to move 10 million units respectively.

Samsung is selling Galaxy S5 is more than 125 countries around the world so it wouldn’t really take long to achieve this milestone in terms of unit sales.

It looks like most folks don't care to much about the "dimpled, band-aid" back panel aesthetics of the SGS5. Sound off and let us know if you are one of the folks driving these incredible numbers.

Source: UberGizmo

Caesars

Reaction score
I am one of the Galaxy legions :).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

jspradling7

Reaction score
I bought one and have already passed it on to someone else. If I was coming from another brand or upgrading from an S2 orS3 I would probably really like it. The camera is good, radios are fine, screen is typical Samsung, waterproofish, fingerprint scanner, s-health, knox security, SD card, replaceable battery, long battery life... it's a dang nice device, it really is. But it has exactly zero pizzazz factor, TW is still TW, and I have no desire to pick one up and use it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
But it has exactly zero pizzazz factor,
What kind of "pizzazz" are you looking for exactly?
Until holographic displays come out, I don't see any of the newer devices being too terribly different than any other new device. They all allow us to call, text, browse the Web, watch a movie or play a game.... and they all do it pretty much the exact same way.

tap'n

Last edited:

jspradling7

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know. the Moto X voice operations and trying different ways to do more with less, the G2 tap on/off and moving the buttons to the back, the M8 dual camera and front speakers. and I can still unlock it... nothing specific really just nothing new from the galaxy/note line. Go from the S3 to an S4, to a Note 2/3 or the S5 and tell me you see some WOW going on. I'm on Verizon, and that's not Samsungs fault, but they're pretty locked down. I've said in other posts that the Samsung devices are good stuff. But they stopped innovating it seems. The others are trying new things. It's just my opinion you may not agree and that's okay.

Last edited:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I have to agree. My biggest annoyance with the S5 is TW. After using my S4 I just don't like anything about it. Its just a crappy kitchen sink UI. For the second time I switched from my S4 back to my Moto X and I'm not going to bother trying again. And, with the competition being what it is, I'm not paying $700 for a GPE S5 just to escape TW.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good point guys. :thumbup:
And that's the beauty of Android, there's literally something for everyone. I guess we can just be thankful we're not stuck with an iPhone and have the exact same device as every other iPhone user. :)

tap'n