Samsung S6 Marshmallow Update Issue-Fingerprint wiping the Phone with no Warning after 5th Attempt!

thy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S6
Samsung S6 Marshmallow Update Issue-Fingerprint wiping the Phone with no Warning after 5th Attempt!

We have Google MDM Device Policy on the phones to manage the deivces. Was absolutely fine

Since updating to Marshallow v6, we are getting so many phone wipes. I'm sure Samsung needs to release a new update.

This did not happen on Lollipop v5 as it will prompt for the backup password to type it, but after tapping the fingerprint reader 5 times, it will wipe!!!!

Is anyone else having this problem?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's not a Marshmallow issue, that a device policy issue. Your policy administrator should be able to change it.

I have Marshmallow with fingerprint scanning on my S7, and it doesn't wipe anything. I've been locked out 39 seconds at a time, but that's it.

OP
T

thy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S6
Thank you for confirming this, but I re-checked Google Device Policy settings (this hasn't changed), the company has set to wipe after 5 times, but before on Lollipop, it will prompt for a backup password before it wipes the phone.

HOWEVER, now on marshmallow, if it doesn't recognise the user's fingerprint on the 5th time, no prompt to enter backup password. It just wipes the phone. Try it yourself :)

Very annoying as I must have re-image 15+ phones in the last month, more than I did in a whole year! Definitely not Google Device Policy as this hasn't change, just only happening on phones with the new Marshmellow update!

Anyone else having this problem, I'm sure a lot of other companies out there is using Google MDM Device Policy out there! :)