New Features In Touchwiz Marshmallow For Samsung Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung has been infamous for slow updates. This is what happens when you have to cover AOSP Android in a heavy custom skin. We are six months past the release of Marshmallow. Google has given developers plenty of time to get things updated. We had several months to preview Marshmallow still no updates from Samsung stateside. There are a few international variants of the S6 and S6 edge that are finally receiving the update, but it looks like the updates may be rolled out pretty slowly.

When Marshmallow does arrive for our Samsung devices what can we expect to be included. Of course we will see many of the Marshmallow general features like doze and now on tap, but there are some Samsung specific features we will see as well.

Cross app is a new feature designed to increase productivity. This feature allows you to access parts of different Samsung proprietary apps no matter which app you are in. For example you can access your photo gallery from within the messages app. Internet 4.0 adds Secret mode with fingerprint authentication. Hopefully we will begin to see Marshmallow for our US variants soon.

via Samsung

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see more info on the cross app... How is that different from accessing the gallery from messaging now?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I almost posted pretty much the same thing yesterday when I first read this but decided to let others elaborate first. I can do all kinds of cross app things now, the gallery being pretty much usable in a whole bunch of both embedded and aftermarket apps on the Note4 as just 1 example. I had a few "floating" apps back before multi tasking on the Note and Galaxy series came into normalcy and still use a floating calculator now.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><