Samsung S5 screen switching back and forth

slj1012

Reaction score
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) with Lollipop V 5.0.
Ever since I updated to Lollipop, my phone will randomly start switching at 1-2 second intervals between the Home screen and my Wallpaper for sleeping. I cannot get it to stop switching back and forth by pressing any button. The only way to get it to stop switching is to restart the phone.... if I can catch it in between switches.
I went to the Verizon store to see if they could fix the problem and the Tech said to shut it down and remove the battery for a minute or two and then reinsert battery and restart. We did that and it seemed to work for the rest of the day. Then it started doing it again, so I did the same thing... remove battery and restart. This is not a permanent fix.
Also, and this may be related, sometimes the Home button does seem to do anything whether I am in a Browser (Chrome), EMAIL or some other application.
Could these be related to some of the bugs mentioned in the other forums about the Lollipop 5.0 update?
Thank you for any insight or help.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) with Lollipop V 5.0.
Ever since I updated to Lollipop, my phone will randomly start switching at 1-2 second intervals between the Home screen and my Wallpaper for sleeping. I cannot get it to stop switching back and forth by pressing any button. The only way to get it to stop switching is to restart the phone.... if I can catch it in between switches.
I went to the Verizon store to see if they could fix the problem and the Tech said to shut it down and remove the battery for a minute or two and then reinsert battery and restart. We did that and it seemed to work for the rest of the day. Then it started doing it again, so I did the same thing... remove battery and restart. This is not a permanent fix.
Also, and this may be related, sometimes the Home button does seem to do anything whether I am in a Browser (Chrome), EMAIL or some other application.
Could these be related to some of the bugs mentioned in the other forums about the Lollipop 5.0 update?
Thank you for any insight or help.

It sounds like you need to do a factory data reset. Download Samsung Kies onto your PC, with it running plug your phone into it and create a backup, then wipe the phone.

The factory data reset can be found inside of your Settings app...usually it is listed under Backup and Restore.

Afterwards you can restore from the backup that you made with Kies.

Be sure that all of the backup options are selected that you wish to save such as photos, music, notes, contacts, etc etc in Kies as it will wipe everything on the phone.

OP
S

slj1012

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
I have downloaded the Kies 3 app, created a backup and I am now in the process of restoring my data to the phone.
I will post again later after I have determined if this helped or not.

Again... Thank you.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
I have downloaded the Kies 3 app, created a backup and I am now in the process of restoring my data to the phone.
I will post again later after I have determined if this helped or not.

Again... Thank you.

You are quite welcome. Hopefully a software refresh will clear up the bugs!