Samsung s5 outgoing texts

jeffsla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s5
Hello I have a Samsung s5. It overheated. After cooling the phone down my phone no longer shows out going texts. It will send them and I can receive responses but cannot see anything. I have tried to restart my phone but that doesn't help. Anyone know something that can help?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum jeffsla!
Can you give us a little more information? Is your device stock or rooted? Can you tell us what you were doing when you got the overheating message? Are you using the stock messenger or a third party messaging app?

S5 tap'n

OP
J

jeffsla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s5
Device is stock. Using stock text messaging. I was using quiz up and my phone froze tried restarting it and it would keep freezing. I did not receive any warning of overheating but my phone was ridiculously hot. Hopefully this help thanks.

OP
J

jeffsla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s5
As well I just noticed my time is off by 1.5hrs and all my apps somehow reset or messed up

OP
J

jeffsla

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s5
Welcome to the forum jeffsla!
Can you give us a little more information? Is your device stock or rooted? Can you tell us what you were doing when you got the overheating message? Are you using the stock messenger or a third party messaging app?

S5 tap'n
Hopefully this info helps

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's odd for sure. While it's common for most devices to get warmer while running games, gps etc, it shouldn't get so hot as to cause problems like this. Have you tried uninstalling the app that caused all this? Uninstall it through application manager by clearing cache, clear data, force stop, then uninstall. Reboot your phone and see if that helps any. If that doesn't help you might try a factory reset. Other than that, your only other option would be to contact your carrier and request a replacement under warranty.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

S5 tap'n