Samsung reveals ‘false’ reports of Galaxy Note 7 fires!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
galaxy-note-7.jpg

26 “false reports” from apparent Note 7 customers since the global recall began on September 2.

Of these 26 reports, Samsung only actually received 12 handsets, none of which were faulty. In a further seven of the cases, Samsung was not able to reach the supposed victim. And the remaining seven alleged customers either cancelled the complaint, or purported to have thrown their handset away.

Here’s a breakdown of false reports by country:

• USA – 9
  • South Korea – 3
  • France – 2
  • UK – 1
  • Canada – 1
  • Singapore – 1
  • Turkey – 1
  • Vietnam – 1
  • Croatia – 1
  • Romania – 1
  • Iraq – 1
  • Lebanon – 1
  • United Arab Emirates – 1
  • Czech Republic – 1
Source

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
What a shame. Turned in the best device I ever owned because of some attention seeking ***holes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This is old news originally posted back in September, but it never hurts to remind John Q Public.
It would however be nice to hear what happened to the remaining devices.

S5 tap'n

ngt

Reaction score
I like my lg v20 better than my note 7, so, thanks for lying. :)

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Sorry I should of checked the date on the story . I just found it fascinating. Although I am waiting on my pre-ordered Pixel XL. My Note 7 is still working like a champ with No issues. The Note 7 is still the best phone of the year Period!! Funny no more issues or reports after the recall. Note 7 Rebel!!! ;)

Reaction score
I like my lg v20 better than my note 7, so, thanks for lying. :)
I won't be happy with anything else! Except a Note 8! I waited two years, keeping my Note 4 because I was so upset by the Note 5. This makes the debacle particularly painful!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This is old news originally posted back in September, but it never hurts to remind John Q Public.
It would however be nice to hear what happened to the remaining devices.

S5 tap'n
I just read a story yesterday that said the explanations/results are coming at the end of the year. Not holding my breath though.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I just read a story yesterday that said the explanations/results are coming at the end of the year. Not holding my breath though.

I would like to know what they have to say...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

ngt

Reaction score
I won't be happy with anything else! Except a Note 8! I waited two years, keeping my Note 4 because I was so upset by the Note 5. This makes the debacle particularly painful!

I waited 2 1/2. :cool: lol. Wanted one after my razr, but my 2 year was up in March. I didn't want to wait until later in the year, so I settled on an S5. After the new 2 year was up in March, I waited through the summer and then some to get the Note 7. I even waited 3 weeks without a phone at all because my S5 jumped out of my pocket, climbed onto the roof of my car, and jumped off as i drove away :D Then i finally got a Note 7, this crap happens, twice, and i saw the v20. Got amazing audio, a removable battery, a flat screen, my IR blaster back, andin a slick metal package. I'm not saying it's better than the note. The note had a better screen and imo, took better pics. Plus it was water resistant, which the v20 is not. Sucks for someone who likes to fish. But, i seriously love this phone. I like it better than the note7 by far. :) I do miss the blinking light, seriously.

Reaction score