Samsung Kies Mini - Official Download for Fascinate Owners?

Reaction score
A Sign that Froyo Will Be Here Soon - Or Not?

I know that Kies Mini has been used by people to do updates on their Fascinates in the past, but I wasn't sure if it was actually an official download on the Samsung website on the Verizon Fascinate page. I went there today and noticed it has been available since yesterday (dated 3/23/11).

Here is the link: Samsung

If it has been there and I just didn't realize it, then it means nothing. If it just got there then I wonder if that means Froyo will go out via Kies sometime soon.

Can anyone confirm if this has been on their page or if all the Kies downloads that people got in the past for the Fascinate were from other pages/websites?

Last edited:

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
For whatever reason, its for the Samsung Mesmerize.

Sent from my Stock Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
For whatever reason, its for the Samsung Mesmerize.

Sent from my Stock Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

I saw that when you hover over it but I think it still works with the Fascinate. I'm just trying to find out if they just put it on the page or if it has been there for a while. If it is new to the page then my thought is that it may indicate something else on the way...perhaps Froyo.

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
That's strange, yesterday when I connected my phone to Kies Mini it recognized the phone, however it said there were no updates. When I just tried it now, I was prompted to download some bootloader from Verizon and download usb driver files for the phone. Idk, may or may not mean anything. Who knows we may get Froyo before April.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
It has been there a long time. It is for European models of the phone. Quite a few people have tried to get benefit from it but appears to be none outside its intended market.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
Oh really? That may be it then, the times I have tried I never seen it, yesterday was the only time it went through for me, but now its saying to connect a proper device and whatnot.

k rock

Reaction score
It's more than likely for the samsung mesmerize as our phones are very much alike. Thats where we got the eb16 and ec10 kernels. They get froyo today.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
It's more than likely for the samsung mesmerize as our phones are very much alike. Thats where we got the eb16 and ec10 kernels. They get froyo today.

True. But just wondering why they put it on the page designed specifically for the Verizon Samsung Fascinate. If it was just on the Mesmerize page I wouldn't have thought anything, but it's on the page for the Fascinate.

k rock

Reaction score

True. But just wondering why they put it on the page designed specifically for the Verizon Samsung Fascinate. If it was just on the Mesmerize page I wouldn't have thought anything, but it's on the page for the Fascinate.

Someone over at another forum said that a samsung rep said check back early April. They've got to be getting it all bloated up. I don't care if we ever see the update. We have the source code to the mesmerize and now the real devs can work their magic.

smokey1336

Reaction score
My wife ended up with the Fascinate as we bought when promo was going on I got the X but back to the Fascinate its the Crappiest phone I have ever had the pleasure of and when we bought it a year ago we were told Froyo will be ready in a week or 2 HHAHAHAHAHAHa what a joke and as for odin and roming it its my wifes phone women dont want thier phones messed with or its a headache for us as their is always a problem and its our fault for roming it its only my Opinion but I will never buy a samsung product phone,Tv,radio,coffee maker, shoes, toliet paper If it has the samsung logo I dont care ill never BUY look at or even take a dump on the POS just my 2 cents

jaebond

Reaction score
So what's the verdict? My girlfriend is dying for FroYo but won't let me root her phone.

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys know this phone is pretty awesome once rooted right?

Sent from my fascinate

M

Mwsr

My wife ended up with the Fascinate as we bought when promo was going on I got the X but back to the Fascinate its the Crappiest phone I have ever had the pleasure of and when we bought it a year ago we were told Froyo will be ready in a week or 2 HHAHAHAHAHAHa what a joke and as for odin and roming it its my wifes phone women dont want thier phones messed with or its a headache for us as their is always a problem and its our fault for roming it its only my Opinion but I will never buy a samsung product phone,Tv,radio,coffee maker, shoes, toliet paper If it has the samsung logo I dont care ill never BUY look at or even take a dump on the POS just my 2 cents

I'd take a dump on it

can + string on 2.1

M

Mwsr

You guys know this phone is pretty awesome once rooted right?

Sent from my fascinate

That's what people say but you shouldn't have to root to make it awesome..

can + string on 2.1

Sneakysolidbake

Reaction score
That's what people say but you shouldn't have to root to make it awesome..

can + string on 2.1

That's like saying you shouldn't have to install linux on your dell inspiron to make it awesome...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App