S

sputnik998

Reaction score
i'm not sure how i go about it

Last edited:

dudemau

Reaction score
Apathy

fascinate users attitude may be frustrating in a simple forum environment but it surely must involve his entire life. what an embarrasment, to be so enthusisastic about ones apathy. actually quite disgusting.

meanwhile, back where people give a damn: best way to best samsung is to quit buying the product. $ talks. maybe too late for us but not for the next batch of phone buyers. Write 'em a letter, send a fax, email, do it all. let 'em know that when the contract is up we'll be moving on.

fishmstr

Reaction score
Works for me. I can't in good conscience support the cause because I was not lied to but if some good does come of it for
everyone, I will thank you for that.

I guarantee some of the people on that fb page weren't lied to and therefore shouldn't be part of it.

I will finish by saying that your blame may be misplaced. Have a good one.

Edit: just had to go on and attack me didn't you?

The things I read on that fb page are a prime example of why foreigners see us as "stupid americans."

Please do explain the irony and hypocrisy in my statements.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Must be a liberal, want's others to do the dirty work and then reap the benefits of it.

Rescuerandy

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm, $ talks and obviously so do crazy little whiny asses.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Sneakysolidbake

Reaction score
Works for me. I can't in good conscience support the cause because I was not lied to but if some good does come of it for
everyone, I will thank you for that.

I guarantee some of the people on that fb page weren't lied to and therefore shouldn't be part of it.

I will finish by saying that your blame may be misplaced. Have a good one.

Edit: just had to go on and attack me didn't you?

The things I read on that fb page are a prime example of why foreigners see us as "stupid americans."

Please do explain the irony and hypocrisy in my statements.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Must be a liberal, want's others to do the dirty work and then reap the benefits of it.

Where to begin......

I meant exactly what I said. I cannot join a group a people who were wronged if I was not wronged in the same way myself.

You must have some pretty twisted political views if thats what you think a liberal is.

Its funny to me that you think you know where I stand politically based off that one statement. I'm neither liberal nor conservative but I lean slightly on the conservative side. I don't think its right to side with one or the other because there are policies on both sides that I strongly disagree with.

What benefits do I have to reap from their effort? Unless Samsung drops gingerbread tomorrow or hands me a free Galaxy S2, I have nothing to gain. I'm already running froyo and I guarantee the ota update they send out won't hold a candle to what I'm running.

OP
S

sputnik998

Reaction score
#froyogate has been really successful, if u search for it on twitter u can see how much activity there is. thanks to all those that are participating! its nice that we have been able to organize as a community and express our disappointment and frustration with samsung and verizon in a public way. at least now we can be sure that they are aware that this update debacle with the fascinate has not gone unnoticed by us comsumers. whether we get the update or not, at least we have been able to voice our opinion in a public way that could warn or deter others from doing business with ss/vzw. there are millions of people that use twitter, and both verizon and samsung monitor their twitter accounts regularly, so if #froyogate continues to grow and starts trending, it has a potential to get much larger and become more of an eye sore/embarrassment for these companies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
no offense, but if you search #froyogate it seems about 10 different people are posting, most of them new accounts. i am not sure how successful it really is.

OP
S

sputnik998

Reaction score
no offense, but if you search #froyogate it seems about 10 different people are posting, most of them new accounts. i am not sure how successful it really is.

actually if u keep scrolling down, u will see hundreds of people posting. a few people r posting more than others, but our facebook page alone has 500 members who r all tweeting, and that doesn't include the ppl that r joining on twitter. u have to keep clicking on "older posts" and u will see that many more people are included. it has actually been very successful in my opinion, on the first day we had thousands of tweets sent. one thing I know for sure is that samsung and verizon have been inundated with tweets, and we can be sure that they know this software delay hasn't gone unnoticed. I'm very happy with the turnout, its in the people's hands now

edit: everyone is sending out multiple tweets to multiple accounts, so in order to really see the breadth of #froyogate u will have to keep scrolling down for quite a bit. its not sufficient to just look at the last 30 tweets and come to the consensus that only 10 people r tweeting, as i said our facebook page alone has 500 members and we continue to recruit more on twitter. also, several tech blogs (including androidspin, if u look on their page they have tweeted #froyogate) have picked up on #froyogate and sent out tweets to their members about it. this has been very much a success

Last edited:
OP
S

sputnik998

Reaction score
our hashtag, #froyogate, was at 0.01% after being live for only 30 minutes. that may seem small, but to put it into perspective the tag #aprilfools that was trending that day was at 0.57%. millions of people use twitter, so the turnout has really been excellent if u ask me, 0.01% after 30 minutes is awesome. i haven't even checked the hashtag % since then, but in my eyes it has been successful. thanks again to all those who are participating, and the hundreds of people who have joined on facebook and made #froyogate a success! i'm a graduate student in community psychology, and for me this has been a great exercise in community organizing. i'm very pleased with the way this has unfolded.

Last edited: