Samsung has already sold 5 Million Galaxy Notes to end users

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note.png

This is a surprising trend. Apparently, Samsung actually sold over 5 Million units of their "phablet", the Galaxy Note. Keep something in mind about that number too. Samsung has confirmed that this is actual devices sold to end users, not just the number of shipped devices. A lot of people wrote off the Galaxy Note as a strange fad that couldn't possibly take off because who would want to hold a 5.3" phone up to their ear. Apparently, there are 5 Million people okay with that.

In fact, at its highest rate, the behemoth phone sold over 1 Million in just one month. Obviously, this isn't nearly as successful as the Galaxy S line of phones or the iPhones from Apple, but you still can't dispute that selling 5 Million units of anything is a huge success. This is compounded by the fact that the device is not cheap. Samsung deserves some praise for another successful product launch.

So, what do you guys think of this growing huge phone fad? What is the ideal sized phone for you?

[video=youtube;KBrmaE82uY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KBrmaE82uY4[/video]​

On a separate note: above is a pretty neat commercial of an elephant playing with a Galaxy Note. It even had me wondering if it was a CGI effect.

Source: TechCrunch

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'll +1 that number when it comes to Verizon since the GSIII will probably not make it to Verizon. The GSIII is the only phone I would buy other than the Journal.

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
The Note is making me wish I had waited another month to get a smartphone. I'm all about the huge screens. =P

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
During my track meet I whipped out my Nexus and my friend Garrett goes, "Woah, what is that?! A tablet for a phone?". -_- I go no, i*hones are just small! Most phones these days are at least 4". Bigger phones FTW. :) The Journal would honestly be awesome, hope it comes.