Samsung Galaxy Tab News Roundup

J

JohnDroid

galaxy-tab-news.jpg

There is so much news coming out about the Samsung Galaxy Tab and other Android Tablets in general that we just can't keep flooding the interwebs with news posts on them. What we can do however is to do a nice news round-up and summary for you guys who may be interested.

First off let me make sure that I get a plug in here for our Android Tablet Forum dedicated to all things in the Android Tablet world, including the section setup just for the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

As usual, Engadget has a great hands on preview here: Samsung Galaxy Tab preview -- Engadget

Next up we have Android Central who seems to be bringing a ton of Galaxy Tab news recently.

Galaxy Tab specs vs Apple iPad, Official Galaxy Tab commercial, Hands on with the Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab apps and Video demo, with video.

The BBC has some coverage here too about the Galaxy Tab, calling it Samsung's first tablet computer... which isn't really true:

BBC News - Galaxy Tab unveiled as Samsung's first tablet computer

ITWriting.com has an article up that really talks about the fact that the Galaxy Tab is just the first of many iPad clones and Android Tablets to hit the market:

Samsung Galaxy Tab – among the first of many iPad clones Tim Anderson’s ITWriting

Darkseider

Reaction score
I like it BUT I REALLY like the Archos 4.3 coming out as iPod replacements for the kids AND I am waiting for a good solid Tegra 2 tablet in 10.1 inches to be released so I can take over the world! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Droidfish

Reaction score
+1 Darkseider, I'm interested in what the first (worthy)10" device is. I'm hoping there will much variety out by christmas which is when I will probably be purchasing something like this.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Dang, I find that a little hard to believe, but I guess we'll see. They aren't gonna sell much with those prices.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I am already waiting for Archos to announce pre-orders for the Archos 101 (10.1" Android tablet). I was looking at the Galaxy Tab or the Cruz Tablet, but Archos is putting a 10.1" capacative screen, camera, MicroSD slot, USB ports (one is suppose to be a host port), 802.11N, accelerometer and Froyo for $300. Samsung and Cruz just lost me as a potential customer lol

Droidfish

Reaction score
You would imagine hooking this thing up thru a carrier will make it's subsidized pricing pretty competitive, which seems to be their strategy if the above pricing rings true.