Samsung Galaxy S9 CAD Leaked?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
crop-jpg.78049

We are likely months away from an official release of the Samsung Galaxy S9 however we are already starting to see leaks and rumors of the device. An alleged CAD for the S9 has already leaked. Some case and accessory makes use factory CADs to put together their product well ahead of release. The CAD in question shows a vertical dual lens camera setup with fingerprint scanner underneath. Samsung seems to be all in on placing the fingerprint scanner beside the camera instead of under it. Could they be changing things up now that the iPhone X has been released with a vertical camera setup? It doesn't seem likely.

I personally don't like the way this looks and like the current configuration when it comes to aesthetics. There is no denying the fingerprint scanner would be easier to find in this setup. That being said if this CAD is to be believed then it would also mean we won't be seeing a scanner embedded in the Galaxy S9 display which would be unfortunate. You can also see what appears to be a Bixby button beneath the volume rocker which is to be expected. Even if this were real Samsung might go through dozens of design changes between now and the Galaxy S9 release. Either way these things are interesting to see. Would you prefer this setup over the camera, and fingerprint scanner setup of the Note 8?

via Slashleaks

Attachments

• crop.jpg
    crop.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,723

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Almost looks like my rendition of what the Note 8 should have looked like.

(and no, I didn't remove the other guys watermark when I made my changes)

my_GalaxyNote8.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't particularly like that setup. You're much more likely to smudge the camera lens this way, as opposed to the current setup with the fingerprint sensor on the side.
I'd prefer it back on the front of the device myself.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I don't particularly like that setup. You're much more likely to smudge the camera lens this way, as opposed to the current setup with the fingerprint sensor on the side.
I'd prefer it back on the front of the device myself.

maybe. until I got used to it, I was sticking my finger on the camera lens with the sensor on the side. now it is second nature to get it right. the same may be true with it below.