Samsung Galaxy S6 Rumors Suggest Side-Sloping YOUM Display & Unibody Aluminum Chassis

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
During the work week I put mine in my backpack. All other times it goes in my back pocket. Though I don't wear skinny jeans so there's that. Much more comfortable than my front pocket.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
During the work week I put mine in my backpack. All other times it goes in my back pocket. Though I don't wear skinny jeans so there's that. Much more comfortable than my front pocket.

S5 tap'n
This practice fascinates me. Do you take it out every time you sit?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Nope, after 5+ years it's become second nature. About 4 1/2 years ago I left my Fascinate at the grocery store. I called my number when I got home and a woman answered. She met me 15 minutes later to return it. Tried to give her 20 bucks for her trouble but she wouldn't hear of it.
I've never left my phone anywhere since.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nope, after 5+ years it's become second nature. About 4 1/2 years ago I left my Fascinate at the grocery store. I called my number when I got home and a woman answered. She met me 15 minutes later to return it. Tried to give her 20 bucks for her trouble but she wouldn't hear of it.
I've never left my phone anywhere since.

S5 tap'n
To each their own I guess.

My G watch vibrates when I forget my phone now, but I prefer to have it in my left front pocket when out & about.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yep. Having it in my front pocket would bother me and be more uncomfortable than my back pocket.
80% of the time it's in the side pocket of my backpack, so those times that it is in my pocket, doesn't bother me. Since I don't carry a wallet, it's much more convenient than carrying it in my hand everywhere.
In the winter and/or jacket weather, (which is 7-8 months out of the year here) it goes in my jacket pocket.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I could never get into carrying a backpack, except in school. If I did, I might keep my phone there too. Especially now that I have the G watch. (yes, it's my new obsession this week.)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I would prefer to carry nothing, but being in a mgmt position I need it to carry my laptop, I also bring my lunch to work each day along with various other odds and ends. So it's a necessity and much easier than a briefcase.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would prefer to carry nothing, but being in a mgmt position I need it to carry my laptop, I also bring my lunch to work each day along with various other odds and ends. So it's a necessity and much easier than a briefcase.

S5 tap'n
I'm technically in management as well, but I leave my work PC there due to HIPAA & the fact that I remote in to do things to the network. & if I eat lunch at work, I buy it there. Full balanced meal for a few dollars. Generally, I come home to eat though.

When I travel, my laptop goes in a backpack, so I get where you're coming from.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I still can't decide if I like the look of this device. I know it's only a fans rendition, but if it looks anything like this, it's going to be a huge step for Samsung that will either tank or take off like wildfire. I guess only time will tell....but I for one am really looking forward to seeing what Sammy comes up with next.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nooo!!!....I hope it's not so!!

sent from my sexy Note 4
They've followed Apple on everything else so far so it'd be the next logical step, followed by/in conjunction with no more removable memory. IPhone 7 or 8 will introduce a curved glass/screen and the iSheep will marvel at the ingenuity and forward thinking. Somewhere around ios 12-14 they'll add the ability to get notifications on the side glass , once again bringing awe to their blind followers.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wear cargo pants and keep my phone in my back pocket. My pocket's big enough to swallow my Note 4 whole so it's no big deal. It keeps it off my belt and largely out of my way until I need it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm probably one of the few that still doesn't see the need or the point for curved displays on a phone.

Completely agree. I'd prefer a 90 degree angle, and it really doesn't even need to be much more than a programmable sensor to change volume controls or place 5 favorite apps (easy to hit/launch without looking).

Ideally one along the top would be your software buttons, and swiping across might do a few things like volume, brightness, etc...