Samsung Galaxy S6 May Ship with Sennheiser Earbuds [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sennhesier-earbuds.jpg

While Sony seems to be trying to entice the ultra-rich to buy their high-end audiophile Walkman ZX2 for a ridiculous price, it looks like Samsung is going the opposite direction and might offer a high-end audiophile product as a free inclusion with their Samsung Galaxy S6. According to the latest rumint, Sammy is planning to include a free set of Sennheiser earbuds with their Samsung Galaxy S6 when it launches this year.

Many in the audio industry will recognize Sennheiser as one of the premier brand of high-end audio headphones, so it's a nice surprise to see Samsung focusing so much attention on such a small detail for their next flagship smartphone.

Here's a quote from the source of this intel with a little more detail:

These earbuds appear to have a design similar to Apple Earpods and the headphones which come bundled with the Amazon Fire Phone. Our sources tell us that these headphones will also feature Apt-X, which might mean that they are Bluetooth wireless headphones.

Of course, it remains to be seen if this rumor is true, and if the earbuds will actually be one of Sennheiser's higher quality products or just a cheap throwaway for branding PR.

Source: Updated Exclusive Galaxy S6 to come with Sennheiser earbuds SamMobile

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have some Sennheiser in ear buds and they are very nice. I've given them up mostly for the convenience of my new Bluetooth Samsung Gear Circle.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
This would be a nice bonus.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering they didn't even send me ear buds at all with my Note 4, I'll be very upset if this is the case.
My AT&T version of the Note4 did not include any ear buds at all either. My understanding was it was exclusive that AT&T left them out.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Our Tmo Note 4 and Note 4 Edge had them.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
My GNex came with earbuds. They were horrible though. This is definitely an upgrade.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Our Tmo Note 4 and Note 4 Edge had them.
You suck.
My GNex came with earbuds. They were horrible though. This is definitely an upgrade.
I think my s4 did too, but I couldn't find them so I'm rocking my girlfriend's pair that came with her s3.

They're not bad, but I wish I used them enough to justify spending money on a better pair. Haha

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trust me, if you find that the S3 earbuds are good enough, then great! Don't buy/use anything better, because when you do, cheap earbuds will not ever be good enough again.

I made that mistake with cheese. :p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm willing to make that sacrifice, but I don't wanna spend $50-100 on a pair just to find out that they don't sound any better than those or the pair I got for under 20 that actually don't sound as good to me as the "free" ones.

I'd also like something Bluetooth because I use headphones/buds mostly when snowblowing/mowing & the cord drives me nuts in the summer & catches in my coat & slowly pulls them out of my ears in the winter.

I have a pair of able planet cans that are quite nice, but I can't get into wearing them where people can see & they're bulkier than what I want while working like that. Not to mention i don't wanna get them dirty or snow covered for the price I paid. I like that buds slip in under my hat & hood.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Trust me, if you find that the S3 earbuds are good enough, then great! Don't buy/use anything better, because when you do, cheap earbuds will not ever be good enough again.

I made that mistake with cheese.
I said not bad, not really good enough. They offer more bass than the ones I paid money for at Wal-Mart & a richer sound. I ended up throwing those others away. I have a pair I bought at Verizon that are about on par with the Samsungs, but I know there are better options out there without breaking the bank.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is what I use daily:
Jam Transit Wireless Earbuds Jam Audio

They look kinda stupid in my ear, but they sound incredible. I wear them when I run, and when I commute. They have a 6 hour battery, but a full charge from empty takes 40 minutes.

The bass is sick! They are loud, if you want them to be without distortion. And they are easy to use.
The only thing they can't do is initiate Google Now / OK Google or start a phone call without first manually finding the contact.