Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus Unveiled for Europe; Refreshed GS5 with Snapdragon 805

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
g901f-galaxy-s5-plus.png

Samsung revealed a new version of their Galaxy S5 phone. It's called the Galaxy S5 Plus, and it is basically the same thing as the Galaxy S5 4G+ which was launched in Singapore. It is basically an enhanced refresh of the Galaxy S5, but this one is for European markets, and that's also why it has a different name. The only difference is that it includes the newer Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, which not only boosts performance over the 801, it also allows for slightly improved 4G speeds.

Keep in mind, this is not the same thing as the Galaxy S5 LTE-A which was only released in Korea. It seems odd that Sammy would launch this device only a few months ahead of the Galaxy S6 launch which is expected in February, but you can't blame them for trying to stay fresh throughout the year.

Source: Samsung

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Seriously, the Plus? C'mon Samsung you are better than this. iPhone much?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Samsung continues to try too hard to dominate the market. They've already been doing that for the past 4-5 years (when it comes to Android devices) This simply shows desperation where it truly isn't needed. They're aren't many manufacturers that are even close to catching them when it comes to market share. Obviously they are doing something right, but this is weak.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree, and think of all the people who bought the S5 LTE here in the US... I know they're steaming, like when Motorola introduced the Droid RAZR MAXX after the wave of Droid RAZR purchases. There were lots of people who felt cheated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Samsung is following in motos old footsteps.. Throw as many devices out, with minimal changes, and crowbar as much money as you can.. But moto got stagnant.. Small changes weren't enough.. People, even moto fan boys, got sick of it..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The only thing that makes it "ok" in my book is that it's not available here in the states. I don't feel quite as ripped off....But still.... crap move Sammy!

S5 tap'n