Samsung Galaxy S5 Getting Lollipop in December; Galaxy Note 4 in January & More [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Club-SFR-Updates-List-710x366.png

According to leaked intel from French carrier, SFR, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be getting its Android 5.0 Lollipop update later this month (December 2014). They also let slip that the Galaxy Note 4 wouldn't get its Lollipop update until sometime in January of 2015.

On top of this info, their chart also claims that the Moto G will be receiving Android 5 later in December as well. Of course, there's one bit of intel on this chart that calls into question the veracity of their claims. They are indicating the the LG G3 already has Android 5.0, but that isn't exactly true. Of course, this chart only refers to SFR's customer devices, so it might be completely different for different carriers.

Poor Sony doesn't seem to have anything on the near horizon. We will keep an eye out for anything that might corroborate or refute this intel.

Source: SamMobile

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
According to leaked intel from French carrier, SFR, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be getting its Android 5.0 Lollipop update later this month (December 2014). They also let slip that the Galaxy Note 4 wouldn't get its Lollipop update until sometime in January of 2015.​

On top of this info, their chart also claims that the Moto G will be receiving Android 5 later in December as well. Of course, there's one bit of intel on this chart that calls into question the veracity of their claims. They are indicating the the LG G3 already has Android 5.0, but that isn't exactly true. Of course, this chart only refers to SFR's customer devices, so it might be completely different for different carriers.

Poor Sony doesn't seem to have anything on the near horizon. We will keep an eye out for anything that might corroborate or refute this intel.

Source: SamMobile

LG actually has started rolling out the 5.0 update to some international variants of the G3. I'm not sure if it has started in France yet, but it's making it's very slowly making it's way around (there were rumors that Poland received it first, and now it's being pushed in South Korea). Since European carriers often offer the standardized international version of phones with updates directly from the manufacturer, it's possible that they're referring to updates for those versions of the phones in question.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good catch! Thanks for the update. That's good news as it suggests there is more validity to this story than before.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
S5 update is actually starting to roll out in Poland already according to my Twitter feed earlier today.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm comfortable waiting until January for the Note's update, but I wonder how long after the initial release we'll be waiting on vzw this time around...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm comfortable waiting until January for the Note's update, but I wonder how long after the initial release we'll be waiting on vzw this time around...

The Verizon S5 was one of the first variants in the world to receive the 4.4.4 update, getting it even before the unlocked international version (something that's completely unheard of with Samsung devices). While I'm not holding out much hope that the 5.0 update for the Note 4 (and the S5) will follow suit, at least there are some signs that Verizon might be getting better with updates.