Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 To Get Android 4.4 KitKat in Late January

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-44-Galaxy-S4-Galaxy-Note-3-SFR.jpg

The French carrier SFR just spilled the beans on a Samsung update schedule for the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3. According to their leaked info, both of these devices will be receiving the Android 4.4 KitKat update toward the end of January 2014 for the SGS4 and Early February for the GNote3. They didn't give exact rollout dates, but they are obviously a credible source. We can't imagine Samsung is too happy about SFR revealing this info, but it's probably not a big deal over-all. Obviously keep in mind that this is referring to European versions of these products. It's entirely possible/probable that the U.S. carrier versions of these devices will come a bit later than that.

This seems a bit slow to us. Compared to other carriers, Samsung is a bit behind on getting the KitKat update rolled out. What are your thoughts?

Source: SFR

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Not too worried about it. These aren't the days of Froyo and Gingerbread updates where major changes happened. Under the hood there are changes, but changes for the user, not much. It'll be nice to know I'm updated, but not too worried about it.

7779311mm

Reaction score
Android-44-Galaxy-S4-Galaxy-Note-3-SFR.jpg

The French carrier SFR just spilled the beans on a Samsung update schedule for the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3. According to their leaked info, both of these devices will be receiving the Android 4.4 KitKat update toward the end of January 2014 for the SGS4 and Early February for the GNote3. They didn't give exact rollout dates, but they are obviously a credible source. We can't imagine Samsung is too happy about SFR revealing this info, but it's probably not a big deal over-all. Obviously keep in mind that this is referring to European versions of these products. It's entirely possible/probable that the U.S. carrier versions of these devices will come a bit later than that.

This seems a bit slow to us. Compared to other carriers, Samsung is a bit behind on getting the KitKat update rolled out. What are your thoughts?

Received the push notification on my Verizon S4 this morning. Haven't installed yet; however. I cannot 'afford' to lose ability to use PdaNet+ or FoxFi app. Can anyone attest of it's safe to update or not?

Bowtie

Reaction score
The push your seeing isn't for 4.4, i installed it and I am still on 4.3. But FoxFi does not work anymore for me.

devdeuce

Reaction score

Is this the same French carrier that also said the Lg G2 would be getting kitkat in December ('13)

Alextodd

Reaction score
But it is expected to hit more delay, as SFR hasn't given any fixed dates. Last time when they were offering 4.3 update it took several months than the expected date, so it might happen in this case again.

7779311mm

Reaction score
The push your seeing isn't for 4.4, i installed it and I am still on 4.3. But FoxFi does not work anymore for me.

I accidentally hit the install button. But even after the update, FoxFi is still truckin'...Working like a charm.

Thanks.