Samsung Galaxy S4 Makes an Appearance on Nenamark?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
nenamark_9525.png

Well here's some good rumor and speculation that will surely launch the whole Samsung Galaxy S4 rumor mill into full swing. Two devices showed up on NenaMark's site sporting model numbers GT-I9400 and GT-I9525. Going by model numbers alone the GT-I9400 seems the logical choice for the S3's successor, but the GT-I9525 seems more in line for a follow up to the hugely successful Galaxy S3 and here's why. The GT-I9400 is packing a 1.2GHz processor with a Mali-400 GPU, and WVGA (800×480) display resolution, which is hardly anything to write home about. The GT-I9525, however, is a handset worthy of Knighthood with a 1.8GHz processor (Dual/QuadCore?), ARM Mali-400 MP GPU, 720p display and 2 + Gigs of RAM.

As always it is way too early to tell what these two handsets are, and with a good six-months ahead of us before an announcement of any sort we can fully expect a host of conflicting reports/leaks to start trickling in in 3,2,1.........

nenamark_9400.png

Let the speculation begin.

Via: NenaMark

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Too early. I don't see why Samsung would release a new S phone less than a year after its last one. Do they really have prototypes out this early...as in 6 months or so before launch. Maybe a new Nexus phone, done right this time.

les017

Reaction score
seems reasonable to expect S4 and S4-Mini to be coming in the next year.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Too early. I don't see why Samsung would release a new S phone less than a year after its last one. Do they really have prototypes out this early...as in 6 months or so before launch. Maybe a new Nexus phone, done right this time.

seems reasonable to expect S4 and S4-Mini to be coming in the next year.
I agree. The GS3 came out in June/July of this year. By the time the "GS4" gets rumored, leaked, announced by Samsung etc, and officially released it will be next summer.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Do they really get hardware put together this early? Maybe I don't get the process but it seems like its very early.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I know assembly lines are fast, but I wonder how far in advance they have to start packaging phones when they sell millions in only weeks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The fact that it has a 720p display should tell people that it's probably not the S4. Samsung is supposed to be showing off their new 1080p screens early next year, and with the Droid DNA/J Butterfly already having been released with 1080p displays, Samsung won't miss out on the chance to add one to the new version of their flagship device. Displays are one of Samsung's biggest products, so they certainly won't let others fly by them when it comes to that.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hubba, hubba ........... talk about beast mode. I'm sure that both my Bionic and my case of upgradeitis will last until release date.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The fact that it has a 720p display should tell people that it's probably not the S4. Samsung is supposed to be showing off their new 1080p screens early next year, and with the Droid DNA/J Butterfly already having been released with 1080p displays, Samsung won't miss out on the chance to add one to the new version of their flagship device. Displays are one of Samsung's biggest products, so they certainly won't let others fly by them when it comes to that.

Probably checking out the processor mechanics. I'm sure Samsung will add a display that's at least close to the DNA which has an outstanding screen.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Probably checking out the processor mechanics. I'm sure Samsung will add a display that's at least close to the DNA which has an outstanding screen.

Valid point.

daimien

Reaction score
If the s4 comes out great I'd be happier if vVerizon gives up jellybean dammmit