www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Samsung Galaxy S lands on Verizon as the Fascinate

Taylor Wimberly on Jun 28 at 12:03 am
samsung-galaxy-s-international.jpg

Just as we expected, the Samsung Galaxy S is coming to Verizon as the Fascinate. This marks the fourth Tier 1 carrier in the U.S. that will launch the phone and even regional carrier U.S. Cellular will carry the device. Samsung hopes to capture 10 percent of the smartphone market share this year and pass up HTC in the process.

Most of know the general specs by now, but to recap the Samsung Galaxy S features a 4-inch Super AMOLED display, 1GHz Hummingbird processor, and a 5 megapixel camera with 720p video recording. No mention was made of a front-facing camera for either the Verizon or U.S. Cellular version.

No pictures of the Samsung Fascinate have been provided at this time (the international version is pictured above), but it will be colored Mirror Black with chrome details.

A release date and pricing information are unavailable, but we expect to learn more at this week’s Samsung media event.

Samsung Galaxy S lands on Verizon as the Fascinate – Android and Me

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I do not recall seeing a Facinate at my VZW store last time I was there but I will have to take a look next time

A co-worker of my wife got the Galaxy S after her iphone went through the wash. She brought it by to learn some Android. The screen was the brightest and most vivid that I have seen. The screen is larger than my D1, but the phone is thin and very light

She has had the phone for several days, but every time I tried to check an app it wanted to update. I updated everything. I DL the speech to text for Nav, set up some widgets and got everything else set up like she wanted. After working with her Galaxy off on on for a couple hours, I picked up my D1 and it felt clunky, dark, and heavy.