Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is Now Available at Verizon for $400 ON Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pdp-samsung-galaxy-edge-12152014-1.jpeg

The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is definitely one of the most high-tech and cutting edge devices. Most of the US carriers already received the device for their networks, but (as usual) Big Red was the last big hold-out. Luckily, that changed as of today.

Verizon is now offering the Galaxy Note Edge at a whopping $399 with a new two-year contract. While this device is impressive because of its intriguing display technology, we aren't sure it is worth that premium of a price. Still, it is a very capable phone, and for folks who have extra money to burn and want to stand out from the crowd with their smartphone, then the Note Edge might just fit the bill.

Here's the spec breakdown as a refresher:
  • Curved (on one side) 5.6-inch Super AMOLED display @ 2560 x 1440
  • 2.7GHZ quad-core Exynos chipset
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 16 megapixel rear camera, 3.7 megapixel front camera
  • 3,000mAh battery
  • Android 4.4 KitKat
  • S-Pen
Here's Verizon's landing page to order one: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Verizon Wireless

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yikes that's steep! The awesome part is Verizon is releasing the Exynos model as opposed to their usual Snapdragon comparable. That alone is worth the extra cost. Ok...maybe not. Give it a month or two and it'll drop to $199 on contract.
(link is broken boss)
S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Almost wish I waited. It'll be ok though. If the concept takes off, there'll be a much better offering by the time I'm ready to upgrade again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's an awful lot for something that's not widely used yet...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yikes that's steep! The awesome part is Verizon is releasing the Exynos model as opposed to their usual Snapdragon comparable. That alone is worth the extra cost. Ok...maybe not. Give it a month or two and it'll drop to $199 on contract.
(link is broken boss)
S5 tap'n

The Verizon model actually has the Snapdragon 805, not the Exynos.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's an awful lot for something that's not widely used yet...
I think that sums it up best.

It's innovative and unique, but with only a handful of apps supporting the edge screen, if it doesn't take off and gain more support from third party developers, you're paying a super premium price for what, imo, is basically a gimmick at this point.

I think the edge screen has plenty of potential and I saw that LG or someone else has made a device with both sides of the screen curved like this, so maybe they're on to something here, but I would imagine that they're using some kind of proprietary coding to register and render what shows up on that screen and when, so it's going to hinder support if Samsung sets theirs up one way and LG sets theirs up another way. Devs might be willing to add a bit of functionality if it means only changing their code to fit one standard for edge screens, but if you start asking them to write code for the regular app, the app + Samsung's edge screen, the app + LG's edge screen, and other oems continue the trend, we're going to see the concept fail before it ever really gets started...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
ATT's price is the same. Still a bit pricey.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So which one is the Best?
That's kind of subjective, but Samsung uses snapdragon for devices released in the US & exynos, which they make in overseas markets.

Many people claim the exynos performs a bit better.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk