Samsung Galaxy Note 7 : replacement Discussion

ticketbabe

Reaction score
At Best Buy, the tech handling my device swap actually called Verizon to get them to remove the upgrade fee. What I find unacceptable is that since this was a well publicized & known situation, why wouldn't every carrier have an automatic over-ride to make the swap easier for everyone?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
At Best Buy, the tech handling my device swap actually called Verizon to get them to remove the upgrade fee. What I find unacceptable is that since this was a well publicized & known situation, why wouldn't every carrier have an automatic over-ride to make the swap easier for everyone?

The carrier has no interest in making it easier, just filling their pockets, as it's not a carrier issue, it's a product issue.
Although every carrier store front is different, depending upon the management.

Sent from my New Note 7

ticketbabe

Reaction score
The carrier has no interest in making it easier, just filling their pockets, as it's not a carrier issue, it's a product issue.
Although every carrier store front is different, depending upon the management.

Sent from my New Note 7
It's a carrier issue when they get hundreds of calls from stores needing to waive that fee...pretty much on replacement date.

ngt

Reaction score

The guy at best buy told me i had to call because he forgot to ask.

thc1967

Reaction score
T-Mobile

Black square where I expected it to be on the box. No sticker. IMEI checks out via Samsung database.

Local store and man was that painful for the poor sales person. So much clicking and telephoning.

I switched from blue to silver. Nothing else is different, really. Maybe I now have something under an 8 in 2.5 million chance for the battery to boom.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Replaced Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices still having battery issues reported to a local television news network. in South Korea known as YTN reported on Thursday that recipients of replacement Galaxy Note7 devices noticed their smartphones overheating or losing power while charging.

If I have to take this phone back again, I'm getting something else.

I wouldn't jump ship yet, ngt. That some people in South Korea reported problems to a tv news network doesn't mean it's true. As previously reported, of the 35 supposedly exploding batteries, most claims were (I think 27) false.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

ngt

Reaction score
I wouldn't jump ship yet, ngt. That some people in South Korea reported problems to a tv news network doesn't mean it's true. As previously reported, of the 35 supposedly exploding batteries, most claims were (I think 27) false.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I meant, If the new one gets recalled, I'm switching phones.

ticketbabe

Reaction score
I've had my replacement Note 7 for 3 days now without any issues, including heating up. The fast-charging cable that came with it charges quickly. Happy owner here.

ticketbabe

Reaction score
I bet the majority of us were safe with the original too...

Sent from my New Note 7
Absolutely not! My original phone was not only heating up on charging, but would lose 100% charge overnight while totally powered off. That was not a safe battery! Maybe there were a few safe units, but why risk your life? It was a relief replacing that phone even if I had to start over with customizing & signing in.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
b278bc29b1f485a0ab28559a4465d3cd.jpg

First full day with the Note 7 #2.

22% battery with over 5 hr screen time, pretty good.

Sent from my New Note 7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
My issues..... the new back is plastic and new battery is horrid. I bought a premium device at a premium price and due to a recall ended up with a cheap feeling device with bad battery life.

It's definitely different than the original. Most folks put it in a case anyways, so it's really a non-issue. But I can see Millers point too.

S5 tap'n
The back of.mine feels exactly the same as my original Note 7....