droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
If it had a plastic back vs a glass back the weight would be different.... I distinctly remember holding both my original and new Note 7's at the same time...they felt the same...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried to scratch theirs just to check? Plastic would scratch with a knife...

Edit: not plastic

Sent from my New Note 7/with a glass back...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If it had a plastic back vs a glass back the weight would be different.... I distinctly remember holding both my original and new Note 7's at the same time...they felt the same...

You got lucky then. Ours is definitely plastic.

I'll pass on the scratch test @Efin , it's not THAT important.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Are we all totally sure it's plastic, even for any of them? Perhaps the removal of the backs in order to retrofit existing warehouse stock with new batteries, and then applying (or not applying), adhesive between the new backs and the new batteries the backs once replaced had empty areas that cause a hollow sound when tapped?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My new phone is Black and didn't scratch, unless it's a new very hard plastic, I used the knife from my Leatherman and tested a small spot next to the bottom sticker and nothing, so then drew a large circle pattern on the middle of the back. Nothing, sounds hollow, but appears to be glass, then again I didn't tap on the old phone back. I'm not going to drop it for the next test.

Sent from my New Note 7

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Mine didn't scratch so I may have to eat some crow and says it's not plastic. However there is something very different about it.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
So this is going to label me a Samsung sheep BUT screw it.... do you guys really think Samsung would do something so bold as to put a plastic back on the Note 7 and not say anything to consumer's about it?? Like...come on.... they admitted their wrong and lots TONS of money for it why would they make it worse??