Editor in Chief
- Dec 30, 2010
- Reaction score
- Austin, TX
It looks like a Samsung-centered morning of news today. There are a number of new rumors surrounding the Galaxy Note 5 that have been added to what we already reported in the past. We decided to compile them all so you guys can get a glimpse of the newest intel alongside the older reports. Some of the latest rumors contradict previous ones.
Here's the scoop (with all the rumors in no particular order mixed together):
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 internal codename is called "Project Noble"
- The device will have a new pop-up S-Pen stylus - includes a mechanism that automatically pops the S-Pen out of its slot using a voice or gesture command
- Will use similar styling to the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge - The design will include the same glass-covered metal as the S6 series, but will have a 7.9mm-thin frame
- Will have a 5.9 inch display on the regular Note 5 and 5.78 inches for the Note 5 Edge version (748ppi for the regular version and 762ppi) - this is the older rumor
- Could have the world's first ultra-high resolution (4K) display on a smartphone
- A contradictory newer rumor indicates it will NOT have a 4K display, but instead will have a 2K (1440x2560) resolution
- The phone may come with the new USB Type-C connector - it will allow streaming 4k video throughput
- Will include a new Exynos 7422 - uniquely combines all components into a single chip - using a proprietary ePoP (embedded package on package) production method
- Will include Samsung's outrageously fast UFS 2.0 flash storage
- A generous 4100mAh battery