Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Unpacked Event Tomorrow!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Note-the-Date-Galaxy-Unpacked-August-2015.jpg

Lest you forget, we must remind you that the next Samsung Unpacked Event is tomorrow. The Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will be officially revealed. While rumor and speculation will coalesce into reality at that time, you can bet the rumor-mill won't stop until the event is over with.

In fact, the latest rumor claims to know the pre-order date for the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Supposedly that will be on August 20 (in Korea). If true, we can't imagine the international pre-orders will be too far behind that date. Stay tuned tomorrow for all of the juicy details!

Stop by our dedicated sections for these phones here:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Interested only as a spectator. I'm curious to see if any of the recent bad decisions will be reversed - specifically removable battery and SD card support. The rumor mill has been very busy (mostly with the SD card), but we shall see. Samsung hasn't been as favored of late as it had been just a short couple years ago, but that doesn't mean they're going away. They're definitely a trendsetter, and innovator, so I'm always interested in what they have to offer. I just haven't seen something come along that has wowed me enough to leave my comfort zone.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I feel the same way Fox, but in regards to no one offering me a reason to ditch Samsung. I'm excited to see what the new and improved S-Pen brings to the table and whether or not they have a surprise announcement about a Note 5 Edge. The S6 Plus doesn't have a pen so it isn't for me.

I'm also curious if the S6 Plus will gain any sidebar functionality over the smaller S6 since it will have the screen real estate to accommodate what they gave my current Note Edge.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm also waiting patiently. I loved my N2 and love my N3. On the same page as Ollie... I want my s pen. Once I see the reveal, I'm either going with the N5 or the Note Edge (or maybe a Note5 edge if it ends up being the surprise of the day). @Ollie, how are the speakers on your edge?

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm also waiting patiently. I loved my N2 and love my N3. On the same page as Ollie... I want my s pen. Once I see the reveal, I'm either going with the N5 or the Note Edge (or maybe a Note5 edge if it ends up being the surprise of the day). @Ollie, how are the speakers on your edge?

Even though they moved the speaker to the back, once again, the speaker is awesome. It is better than the bottom speaker that was on my Note 3.

Urban Armor Gear makes a clear case for this phone and even when I lay it speaker side down on a surface it is often too loud to keep it at full volume. The case is only a little thicker than the protruding camera lens so it protects it as well.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks @Ollie! I think tomorrow I may know whether I'm going with the Edge, N5 or just maybe, just maybe a Note5 edge.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks @Ollie! I think tomorrow I may know whether I'm going with the Edge, N5 or just maybe, just maybe a Note5 edge.

If an SDCard and a removable battery are important to you then the Note Edge has them both. The camera and screen are also a lot better than the Note 3 so even if you should decide to get the Note Edge you are getting a far better phone and wouldn't be settling for less.

Just an FYI...do not buy the Samsung flip cover for it. It is a battery killer due to an odd software bug it creates when you attach it (it replaces the stock battery cover). I really liked it, but it wasn't worth the battery drain.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That actually could be my deciding factor, lack of sd card in N5. But the specs just might make up for it. Only hours away and we will all know.