Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 EDGE Plus Detailed in New Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-edge-plus-mockup-angle.jpg

Following on the heels of the bad news that the Galaxy Note 5 will likely NOT have a microSD slot this time, we have a new leak that reveals a partial breakdown of specs for that device and for the Galaxy S6 EDGE Plus. The leaked intel is for Project Noble and Project Zen. Project Noble is the Galaxy Note 5 with model number SM-N920, while Project Zen is likely the Galaxy S6 EDGE Plus with model number SM-G928. Here's what the new report revealed:

Project Noble/Galaxy Note 5 -
  • 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 2560 x 1440 resolution
  • 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7422 processor - will be an all-in-one ePoP chip which includes GPU, RAM, storage and Shannon LTE modem

Project Zen/Galaxy S6 EDGE Plus -
  • Similar sized or larger Super AMOLED display with 2560 x 1440 resolution
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
  • 32GB of internal storage space
  • 16-megapixel primary camera with OIS - 4K video recording
  • 5-megapixel secondary camera
  • 3,000 mAh battery
  • Android 5.1 from the factory
As you can see, the report revealed a bit more about Project Zen than Project Noble, bit the intel was still intriguing. We are curious to see how Samsung's new "integrated design" handles in the real world. It's great to see impressive specs for both of these devices, but it's sad to read they are likely ditching the microSD slot. Sound off and let us know what you think of these reports.

Don't forget to drop by our dedicated sections for further discussions:
Source: SamMobile

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I will stick with my GNOTE 4. I do not like the the idea of no Removable battery and extended memory with MicroSD.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It makes sense with Samsung "need" to copy the ios competitor (even though they are leading in innovation) so I'm not surprised by the move. Samsung just doesn't seem to understand it's better to lead from the front than from behind. The first Tab came with no expandable memory, sold millions world wide, caused a plethora of lawsuits that lasted for years, yet chose to include expandable memory after that even though it was less profitable to do so.
Samsung just doesn't make sense to me sometimes. It's like they want to shoot themselves in the foot.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They don't make sense to me a lot of times, but I think I can kinda see it. They've been innovating and doing things different, but now they've saturated the market and are experiencing a drop in sales across the different lines of phones they offer. Who's still selling their new devices like hotcakes? The fruit company. So, I can kinda see how/why they'd follow suit.

While Samsung does have some very devoted fans, they don't have the loyalty that apple has with their main fanbase, so they'll be losing some customers because of these decisions to be more like apple. That's not to say that they won't pick up others who're more fans of what apple does, but not completely sold on the apple ecosystem, but I kinda think Samsung will continue to see a decline in phone sales for the simple fact that the average consumer doesn't upgrade half as quickly as those of us here on the forum.

jbal52

Reaction score
I've enjoyed my Note 3 and had planned going to the Note 5 early next year but without the micro sd card capability I think if I stay with Samsung at all it will have to be a Note 4, otherwise byby. Going to a non removable battery would really seal that coffin for me as well.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I believe the coffin is nailed for me, twice around. I am hoping for nothing but a monumental flop for the Note 5. My Note 3 still has some life and when it needs replaced I will have to look at the market at that time. There are some people who have given in, but there a lot of people who won't give in about microSD slots and removable batteries. Some manufacturer has to be smart enough to see Samsung soon to be losing customers and can then become the new anti-crapple.

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I use my GNote 4 for Business. Without the MicroSD the GNOTE5 would be useless to me. I save so much of my work on my SD card. Use another for my movies and another for my music. The Note phones was created originally for business and power users. If I wanted to use it just for a phone I would of went with the S series. This is an huge Mistake in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Neither the non-removable battery nor the lack of an SDcard are deal breakers for me. 2 months of just using an i6 Plus showed me that both of those things are not something for me to nit pick about.

128GB and an external battery are plenty of reason for me not to sweat stuff like this.

Samsung has the best of the best. Where YMMV there isn't another vendor out there that has intrigued me enough to even think about switching.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Neither the non-removable battery nor the lack of an SDcard are deal breakers for me. 2 months of just using an i6 Plus showed me that both of those things are not something for me to nit pick about.

128GB and an external battery are plenty of reason for me not to sweat stuff like this.

Samsung has the best of the best. Where YMMV there isn't another vendor out there that has intrigued me enough to even think about switching.
I agree, I've been very happy using Google Drive and the cloud to back up my data and now pretty much have an empty 64gig SD card in my Note 4. I am definitely getting a Note 5! I just hope they put a huge battery in it cause I can kill a battery quickly

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I agree, I've been very happy using Google Drive and the cloud to back up my data and now pretty much have an empty 64gig SD card in my Note 4. I am definitely getting a Note 5! I just hope they put a huge battery in it cause I can kill a battery quickly

I am hoping for larger batteries as well. It wouldn't hurt them to make the phones a bit thicker. I think that people would come to appreciate longer usage vs "oh my god! My phone is 7.2mm thick. How awesome!"

There are some great external battery packs online for sale. I have one that is 10,000 mAH and is very small. It is great for those days that I have to be online all day on the cellular network.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am hoping for larger batteries as well. It wouldn't hurt them to make the phones a bit thicker. I think that people would come to appreciate longer usage vs "oh my god! My phone is 7.2mm thick. How awesome!"

There are some great external battery packs online for sale. I have one that is 10,000 mAH and is very small. It is great for those days that I have to be online all day on the cellular network.
I've thought about getting one of those....will definitely be on my list when I get the Note 5

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

I always have one on standby.. great idea when away from a charger..

I've been using this one.. perfect for on the go..

Amazon.com 36 MONTHS WARRANTY ZeroLemon SlimJuice 6200mAh Ultra-Compact Portable External Battery Backup Charger Power Bank Charger for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4 Apple adapters not included iPod Samsung Galaxy Note Galaxy S4 Galaxy S3 Galaxy S2 Galaxy Nexus HTC One X One S Sensation G14 ThunderBolt Nokia N9 Lumia 920 900 Blackberry Z10 Sony Xperia Z Google Glass GoPro and More - Black Cell Phones Accessories

Z3+tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a 20kmah,a 15kmah and a 5kmah. If those aren't enough I've also got a 3 panel 9 watt/5 volt/2amp solar charger.
Gotta make sure I've got enough juice if that rumored 11k screen comes with a sealed battery on its phone.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4