Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launched!

Steve

Reaction score
Nexus will probably be my next phone until the Samsung Galaxy NoteSamsung GALAXY Note - Samsung Mobile comes out. Samsung will probally start shipping the phones by the end of next week, usually when a manufacture shows their product like they just did, it is already sitting in boxes in a warehouse somewhere ready for shipping.

Vakharn

Reaction score
The note looks cool I'll admit, but it may be a wee bit *too* big. Even if it isn't, what about the GPU issue? Does it have the exynos? If so, does it play well with LTE? Also, no ICS, though of course that could change.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Your analogies make no sense. This is a phone we're talking about. Something you're going to keep in your pocket and take with you everywhere, something which you're going to be stuck with for the next two years. I don't know about you, but I'd rather any damage happen to a case than the phone itself. Yeah, you can go without a case, but if you don't pay attention to what you do with that phone at all times it's not gonna be in great shape after two years. I've only dropped my original droid once, but it was on pavement, and if not for my case it wouldn't still be in the nearly pristine shape it is now.

If we're going to get into silly analogies, I wouldn't think you'd be a fan of plastic cars, given your fondness for metal and glass when it comes to phones.
My analogy makes perfect sense...poster stated that unless you put your phone in a case that you do not care about it. That is like saying that if you drive your car (cause damage COULD happen) that you do not care about it.

Regardless, my original point is simply that I see no reason why they cannot use decent materials to build these phones.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The note looks cool I'll admit, but it may be a wee bit *too* big. Even if it isn't, what about the GPU issue? Does it have the exynos? If so, does it play well with LTE? Also, no ICS, though of course that could change.

GPU issues?

I don't think the note is coming to Verizon.

UNC

Reaction score
Well the OG was a pretty much pure google experience especially when it first released and verizon didnt put ne of there crap in there. But the motoblur has to be updated and all that which delays and setbacks the updates when a new android os comes out

The Motorola Droid does not have Motoblur it is pure Android. Even the Moto phones with blur get updates. D2, D3, D2G, DX, DX2 and DroidPro all have GB to my knowledge, and the original Droid made it to Froyo... I don't know what more you could want! Honestly they have supported their phones the most on Verizon (other than the Devour).

Steve

Reaction score
Looking at the specs of the "Note" and also the "Exynos 4210" it would be assumed that it has that for its processor. As for it running on ICS that just came out vs. when the "Note" was introduced ICS wasn't available and Samsung hopefully will try running it on the "Note" and will be an OTA update when released. It will be released in Europe first just not sure if it will make it here but my fingers are crossed.:D

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
My analogy makes perfect sense...poster stated that unless you put your phone in a case that you do not care about it. That is like saying that if you drive your car (cause damage COULD happen) that you do not care about it.

Regardless, my original point is simply that I see no reason why they cannot use decent materials to build these phones.

that would make them even more expensive and many people already think they are expensive enough even with a contract...also keep the arguing to a minimum, id hate to see mods reprimand people over whether phone cases mean you care about your phone, its personal preference

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Did you see my earlier post?? Please refer back to it.

OH. I thought you where referring to the Mali-400 in the note having an issue. Sorry for the confusion.

twizatch

Reaction score
Does the Nexus have a removable battery?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hands on reviews are starting to pop up on the web and it looks like the following is CONFIRMED: (sorry for no sources... laptop battery about dead)

1. YES: Removable battery with SIM card slot
2. NO: HMDI port
3. NO: Expandable SD memory card slot

In my opinion, these make the Razr look more appealing (slightly).

I just don't know what they are going to do about the four buttons on the bottom of all the other phones when they get upgraded to Android 4.0???

ranger135

Reaction score

I don't think it makes sense either.. If you are concerned about rock chips and the like then you probably would invest in the car equivalent of a phone case, a clear bra.

I don't use cases either though because they usually kill the look and feel of the phone. Since I don't care too much what the front end of my car feels like and it's also worth much more than my phone, the "case" actually makes more sense on the car..

dieselpowered

Reaction score
that would make them even more expensive and many people already think they are expensive enough even with a contract...also keep the arguing to a minimum, id hate to see mods reprimand people over whether phone cases mean you care about your phone, its personal preference
I agree, not trying to argue, just have a debate.

Lets skip past the case thing...as far as cost, not sure that is an issue, correct me if I am wrong, however, do other carriers not have phones with aluminum cases that cost the same?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hands on reviews are starting to pop up on the web and it looks like the following is CONFIRMED: (sorry for no sources... laptop battery about dead)

1. YES: Removable battery with SIM card slot
2. NO: HMDI port
3. NO: Expandable SD memory card slot

In my opinion, these make the Razr look more appealing (slightly).

I just don't know what they are going to do about the four buttons on the bottom of all the other phones when they get upgraded to Android 4.0???

what??? no sdcard slot?? that just sucks....amd the no hdmi port is a let down too...also i doubt the older phones will get the same ice cream sandwich as the nexus and newer, probably a slightly modified version to continue to incorporate the soft buttons