Samsung Galaxy Alpha with Premium Metal Extra Thin Body Coming August

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S5-PRIME-Black-Back-Metal-1024x569.jpg

The above image is simply a concept render found randomly on the web.

Here's a juicy bit of news from the Samsung camp. Samsung recently trademarked the name Galaxy Alpha. Insider sources have commented on this upcoming future device. It turns out this will probably be the final commercial name of the previously rumored Galaxy F/Galaxy S5 Prime.

Just as rumored previously, it will supposedly include a metal body, but new details point to it being ultra-thin at just 6mm. On top of this, the phone is rumored to be only 4.7-inches and include an Exynos 5 Octa processor.

Additionally, these same sources suggest Samsung will release this Galaxy Alpha in the August timeframe, which is meant as a pre-emptive strike against the upcoming iPhone 6. The sources of this intel also indicated the phone has been internally called "the card-phone" because of its ultra-thin size. Samsung has so far refused to comment on these rumors or the trademark.

Of course, it's worth noting that previous rumored indicated the Galaxy F device would likely come with a 5.25-inch display, so this is the first time we are hearing indications of a smaller one. We will keep you updated with more details.

Source: AndroidAuthority

Zenzr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Not sure of my opinion of Metal vs Plastic. I think I'll like both though. I can learn to love lol.

Caesars

Reaction score
Both are fine, I actually prefer the faux leather used in the note 3. Either way it's 100% irrelevant for me as I use a case on most phones. The nexus 5 was the only one I preferred to use naked, something about that grippy material.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree Caesars. That does look pretty sweet, but the outside doesn't really matter to me since I put a case on my phones the moment I get them. I can say that I've seen my share of dented up iPhones over the years, so while aluminum "looks" high end, it doesn't provide any extra protection. Since most people protect their phones with a case, it's really a moot point imho.

tap'n on my S5

Zenzr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
True. Very true.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both are fine, I actually prefer the faux leather used in the note 3. Either way it's 100% irrelevant for me as I use a case on most phones. The nexus 5 was the only one I preferred to use naked, something about that grippy material.

I still use my Nexus 5 nekkid. The soft rubberized backing just feels right... :)