Samsung's Galaxy Alpha Might Only Have a 720P Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2543631_Tinhte_Galaxy_F_Leak_-3-710x569.jpg

We aren't sure what to make of this rumint. Supposedly, the upcoming Samsung premium device called the Galaxy Alpha will only come with a 720P display. According to supposedly confirmed info, the Galaxy Alpha's display will be 4.7-inch and will sport a 1280 x 720 resolution.

The source of this rumor speculates that it will have a PPI of 306. Considering this device will supposedly be launched to compete directly with the new 4.7-inch iPhone 6, it seems perplexing that Sammy would release it with a potentially inferior screen. The only theory we could come up with is that maybe this device will come with Samsung's new YOUM flexible display technology and the lower resolution is a technical requirement in order to make it in quantity.

The question remains, will the plastic display be an adequate enough marketing gimmick to make up for its resolution deficiencies?

Of course, at this point it's all speculation, so feel free to throw your perspective in the ring.

Source: AndroidAuthority

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll pass.
Moto you're up let's see what you got.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who cares, my Galaxy S4 still does everything I need it to do smoothly and fast, it did not suddenly stop working when the S5 or all these other new devices came out, heck my 2 plus year old S3 "backup" still rocks with no problems. The smartphone market is way oversaturated, that is the reason Samsungs' sales did not do well with the S5, same thing happened to Apple with the 5S. My next smartphone will be the one that has a feature or function that is essential on a day to day basis, that is a necessity.