Samsung Finally Explains Why the Galaxy S6 Didn't Have a microSD Slot, but the S7 Does

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So does it offer adaptive storage or not? If I can't use adaptive storage without the fear of removing my sdcard it seems fairly pointless to have it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Despite whether it's BS or not, it's still last years model and in the grand scheme of things, a non issue IMO.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite whether it's BS or not, it's still last years model and in the grand scheme of things, a non issue IMO.

S5 tap'n
Yes now that Samsung has reversed its ways but at the time a precedent was set that Samsung was going 2 more steps toward being just an sPhone . By keeping the sealed back they only went 1 step. We all had that debate about removable memory and batteries , their necessity or not, the price gouging of internal memory being larger than 32GB, the positive and negative aspects of changing batteries, what owners do if it dies midday, etc.
Had Samsung put out the S6 and Note5 as their previous renditions all of that bandwidth used to debate the issues on forums, social media, news mediums and blogs would have never happened and ios haters wouldn't have needed to get refills of their blood pressure meds. We're talking major dollars here

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
The Edge Plus feels and looks gorgeous, it makes all the other phones that I've seen look, and feel, dated.

Gloat factor 10 plus. :D

Yeah it doesn't have an SD card, but by the time I'm bored with it I'll probably have the S7 Edge which I'm informed does.

Sent from my S6 Edge Plus.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I've discovered a down side to the Plus.
I have notification turned on for texts, emails etc, as three knocks and it keeps repeating them until I attend to the massage.
It sounds like there's a woodpecker in my bl**dy pocket. :)

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I've discovered a down side to the Plus.
I have notification turned on for texts, emails etc, as three knocks and it keeps repeating them until I attend to the massage.
It sounds like there's a woodpecker in my bl**dy pocket. :)
This isn't really the right thread/topic for this but you can turn off repeat notification to prevent that. Most likely it is only one of the apps notifying every X minutes until you acknowledge it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk