Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Life Takes a Few Steps Backward

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s7-edge-batt-tests.jpg

It looks like Samsung's vaunted promises for fantastic battery life for the Galaxy S7 series does not extend to the S7 Edge in early testing. According to a battery life comparison test handled by the folks at PhoneArena, the new Galaxy S7 Edge falls behind several phones, including one of its predecessors, the Galaxy S6 Edge+.

As you can see from the chart above, the S7 Edge comes in a disappointing fifth place behind the following devices in order from top to bottom: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Apple iPhone 6S Plus, Motorola Droid Turbo 2, & finally in fifth place the Galaxy S7 Edge.

What's especially ironic about this is that the Galaxy S7 Edge has a larger 3,600 mAh battery than the Galaxy S6 Edge+. It's odd that this device does so poorly compared to its older sibling, and these other older devices, especially considering that Samsung was bragging about the S7 series battery life. Could the vanilla S7 have that much better battery life (relatively speaking) than the S7 Edge+? We will have to wait and see when the first tests of that device are revealed.

Here's the Samsung Galaxy S7 series section for more discussion: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hm, I might question the legitimacy of these numbers. My Nexus 6P has better battery life and charges faster than my Note 5. I am guessing these are reported best case scenario lab numbers?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hm, I might question the legitimacy of these numbers. My Nexus 6P has better battery life and charges faster than my Note 5. I am guessing these are reported best case scenario lab numbers?
I think most of these tests are biased.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My 6P gets me through the day with email/hotspot/texts and calls. Heck of a lot longer than 6 hours. I'd guess around 20 to 26 depending on how I use it.