Samsung Fascinate Fix Update Almost OTA

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The ability to get emergency help while your phone is locked was lost for DL09 owners with the last update, well the update that was promised by VZW is already here. The update that will be available very soon will fix the DL09’s emergency lock screen dialer and a host of other issues. While this update doesn’t include anything new that weren’t already pushed out, it shows how quick Samsung and Verizon can be at update -- If only that was true when it came to FroYo ;).

Source (Samsung and Verizon pushing fix for the Fascinate's emergency calls, other issues | Android Central)

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I guess getting froyo wasn't a life or death situation! Bahahah =]

hdelien

Reaction score
The ability to get emergency help while your phone is locked was lost for DL09 owners with the last update, well the update that was promised by VZW is already here. The update that will be available very soon will fix the DL09’s emergency lock screen dialer and a host of other issues. While this update doesn’t include anything new that weren’t already pushed out, it shows how quick Samsung and Verizon can be at update -- If only that was true when it came to FroYo ;).

I downloaded this update last night. It's titled DL09ToEA28. While it may have fixed the emergency call issue (I haven't had an emergency to try it), it did not resolve my biggest issue. Downloaded it around midnight last night and didn't do much after that, but this morning I got to the office and went into the media app to show a photo I took last night and the screen went black. As usual, the button stay lit, but the unit is wholly unresponsive. 3-5 minutes later (it varies) the task bar pops up as if I just rebooted with only the time and batter strengh. Gradually, the rest of the icons appear and I can use it again. This NEVER happened before the DL09 update.

Verizon sent me a new phone. Upon activation, it immediately downloaded the DL09 update and froze up within 4 hours. I sent it back before putting all of my favorite apps on it and reactivated my old phone. They offered to replace the phone with an "X" or "pro". I love this model when it's not crashing. Come on Froyo, please hurry!!!! Maybe that'll fix everything.