Samsung Droid Charge "now" or wait for Droid Bionic

elucid

Reaction score
Here is what I want in a phone:
1) LTE
2) fast enough for normal web browsing, occasional youtube, very light gaming, etc. (do I *really* need dual core?)
3) A good camera.
4) A nice screen (4.3" preferable, 4" min)

The only advantage I see in the bionic is the dual core should be faster. Coming from an original droid I *think* I would be happy with the speed of a DroidX (my Dad's phone). The screen on the Samsung Charge looks super sweet.

Really the only thing holding me back is battery life questions, the $300 price tag, OH and for either phone to be actually released!

Stevo223

Reaction score
Here i found some facts that might help you,

"Droid Bionic: The powerful smartphone Droid Bionic comes with 1GHz dual-core processor,8-megapixel camera with HD video capture, and video calling via front-facing camera. Other features include mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, HDMI TV-out, DLNA wireless media streaming, 3.5mm audio jack, and a memory card slot.
The price of Motorola Droid Bionic is set for $149.99.
Samsung Droid Charge: Another smartphone from Verizon network Droid Charge comes with a large 4.3-inch touch screen, 8-megapixel camera with HD video capture, video calling via front-facing camera, and 1 GHz Hummingbird processor. Other features include mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, HDMI TV-out, DLNA wireless media streaming, 3.5mm audio jack, and a memory card slot.
Samsung Droid Charge will cost you $299.99 and you can buy it from Amazon."

I like the bionic, personally they both seem like great phones and they are both very similar but the dual core seems more appealing to me ;)

AndrewNJ

Reaction score
How long do you have to wait?

I have the same question of Charge now or Bionic sometime in the future assuming that it ever comes out.

The Bionic's dual core makes it a superior phone and its lower price certainly does not hurt. Motorola seems to have a better reputation.

The real question though is when is the Bionic going to see the light of day? I was at my Verizon store over the weekend. They are not expecting it any time soon. All the rep would tell me is that she is hearing the same rumors that everyone else is hearing which is third quarter if it is not replaced by a new phone all together.

It really boils down to how long can you wait? I have a BB Storm 1 so I can't wait much longer. I will be getting the Charge.

OP
E

elucid

Reaction score
Droid Charger performance VS DroidX? Which is a faster phone? If it is as fast as the droidX I can live with it, if it slower... I don't think so.

matt2783

Reaction score
Droid Charger performance VS DroidX? Which is a faster phone? If it is as fast as the droidX I can live with it, if it slower... I don't think so.

Performance should be on par with the X if not better. I'd check out a sumsung phone before you buy though, touchwiz is really hit or miss.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Just noticed Bionic removed from Moto's front page... :eek:

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Droid101

Reaction score
Here i found some facts that might help you,

"Droid Bionic: The powerful smartphone Droid Bionic comes with 1GHz dual-core processor,8-megapixel camera with HD video capture, and video calling via front-facing camera. Other features include mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, HDMI TV-out, DLNA wireless media streaming, 3.5mm audio jack, and a memory card slot.
The price of Motorola Droid Bionic is set for $149.99.
Samsung Droid Charge: Another smartphone from Verizon network Droid Charge comes with a large 4.3-inch touch screen, 8-megapixel camera with HD video capture, video calling via front-facing camera, and 1 GHz Hummingbird processor. Other features include mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, HDMI TV-out, DLNA wireless media streaming, 3.5mm audio jack, and a memory card slot.
Samsung Droid Charge will cost you $299.99 and you can buy it from Amazon."

I like the bionic, personally they both seem like great phones and they are both very similar but the dual core seems more appealing to me ;)

Id consider the Bionic info outdated at this point. Rumor I had heard (Remember it is just a rumor) was that the bionic would no longer be dual core due to issues with it.

My opinion it comes down to whether you are going to want dual core or not. If not then the charge should work for you battery life is appearing to be great and alot of people are saying it is actually a decent phone.