Samsung Continuum Launches for $199

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung-continuum-price-leak.jpg

Just days away from the dual screen Samsung Continuum Phone launch and new details have leaked to confirm the $199 pricetag. November 11th is still the expected release date and price-wise this phone will fall inline with the pricing of the big boys. The full retail / off-contract price is set to $579.99, 2 year contract pricing is $299.99, 1 year contract pricing is $369.99. There will be a $100 rebate offered in addition to the contract pricing that will drop the end pricing down to $199/2 Year and $269 for 1 year. We should get the official announcement from Samsung and Verizon tomorrow so stay tuned! While the phone as some cool features, the price tag and Android 2.1 might be a show stopper for most.

Anyone have this phone on their xmas list?

Source: AndroidCentral.com

DanielC

Reaction score
The lack of interest in this thread speaks for itself. Cool idea, terrible execution.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol, ya.. I think it might be priced out of it's category.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think that the ticket screen is just dumb. I have widgets that can do the same thing, stocks, weather and news. What more does it offer that I would want? Even if it could display text messages I need to use the big screen to respond to them. Well see how this one pans out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's mentioned as a 'ticker' screen, but all I see it as is advertising space... ads that are ALWAYS there.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's even dumber. I meant to say ticker but the built in dictionary on the system put ticket. Haha o well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk