Samsung Confirms The S8 Will Ship With AKG Earbuds

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-phone-earbuds-png.77391

Samsung announced at the unpacked event for the Galaxy S8 that every unit shipped would include a set of AKG tuned earbuds. There have been numerous reports that US versions of the phone would not ship with the earbuds. Samsung has officially confirmed that this is not true and devices, even in the US, will indeed ship with the earbuds. This is great news as the earbuds are valued at $99 making the expensive price of the phone less of a punch in the gut. Samsung also added that there will be an early offer for a set of "AKG on-ear cans + 256GB card for $99".

The big question is whether or not Verizon will allow the earbuds to remain in their retail packaging. They are notorious for removing earbuds. My S8 is pre-ordered and is scheduled to arrive today or tomorrow so I will try to update this post with whether or not mine actually came with the headphones.

via Samsung

Attachments

• samsung-phone-earbuds.png
    samsung-phone-earbuds.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,567

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
A good deal...maybe. AKG makes some amazing stuff, but they make ear buds that range from $20 to $1000. Seriously?? $1000 for ear buds?? They really are that good though if your a music professional. I wouldn't be surprised if they include some of the $20-30 ones which would be good, but not a great deal.