Samsung Acclaim battery life

B2k4E2011

Reaction score
I'm recently new to the droid market because US Cellular (a lesser known carrier) just released their first android phone; the Samsung Acclaim. (Also appearently, a lesser known droid.) I will say that I'm quite impressed with the droid phone and its OS; however, battery life is mediocre compared to my old flipphone. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on making the droid's battery life last longer during the day; as I'm ussually down to %70-%60 after about moderate use at around 2:00 pm. I would like to make it last until around 8 pm-is, and yes; I have installed a task killer app that kills anything within 3 minutes that isn't in my ignore list. I've also turned auto-kill notifications off because I've noticed that too many things in the notifications bar can affect battery life. I've also got a battery life widget to give an accurate reading on how much percentage of battery is left, a power control widget, and The Weather Channel's widget. Can anyone give me any advise?

Thanks.

Reaction score
First off you dont have a droid phone you have an android device droids are part of verizons phone lineup and are just what verizon names most of their android powered phones. Your phone is an android device not a "droid phone" secondly remove the task killer android can manage its own resource and task killers do more harm than good. As for your battery life i take it this is your first smartphone and as u have seen are battery life aint the greatest but its enough to get through a day just keep the task killer off your actually using more power by killing apps and constantly restarting them and as iv said android is meant to have apps running in the background and handle it resources well.

OP
B

B2k4E2011

Reaction score
Ok, so I've just uninstalled the task killer app and awaiting to see the results. Although what seems strange to me is it takes away about %1 of it's battery everytime I send a simple text message. It seems to me that something that simple would'nt take but abot %.30 to send; and a 15-20 minute phone call can take up to %6-%10 of battery life in about a 3-4 bar reception area. (Keep in mind that was with task manager.) Also the first day I got it the battery I've had it and the battery seems to be getting better and lasting a little longer each day. Could it be that the battery is still being "broken in"? (I charge it every night.)

Suavychavy

Reaction score
Have you had trouble with putting music on your acclaim from a pc? I tried. It worked but artists names wouldn't show up. Installing other music player apps didn't help. Just wondering...trying to get my wifes phone up and running for her

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App