Battery Life

droidmaster94

Reaction score
So I've had my Motorola Droid since about May of 2010 but before that my father had owned it since a little after its release date. Over the past couple months the battery life has been worse than normal and we all know how bad it could be. I have been using it around the same amount and I do understand that it may be due to a poor battery, however I do not wish to replace it with all the new droids coming out within the next few months.
I no longer have the Motorola Charger for the Droid though. I have a LG one that still charges it fine, but have been experience poor battery life as well. Since it is LG to Motorola is it possible that it overcharges killing the battery? Or is it just the battery that needs to be replaced? Or simply am I using it that much which I do not think I am. Or do I just need a new charger/battery?
thank you please help!! !dancedroid

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It could be any combination of the possibilities you mentioned. In general, I wouldnt recommend a non Motorola charger (with the exception of Blackberry chargers, which work great for me.)

For $10, you could get a new OEM battery and charger and find out.....

Also, check your battery usage stats -- it's entirely possible that there's an app running in the background that's killing your battery.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want to find out if you're battery is bad one indicator is to check your mv at full charge. It should be 4000mv~4200. Anything less than 4000 & it's probably on its way out.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Go to Settings--->Battery--->Battery Level...or maybe Battery Status, I cant remember which and I am now ROM`d so I cant just "look at my phone"...:)