S6 or Note 4?

vireya

Reaction score
OR wait for Note 5 which will be mid september

I HAD wanted it for a cruise in July but dont wanna pay 300 to verizon for N4...and they will only give me $50 for my S3

I figured that when N5 comes, then N4 will be on sale, no?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
OR wait for Note 5 which will be mid september

I HAD wanted it for a cruise in July but dont wanna pay 300 to verizon for N4...and they will only give me $50 for my S3

I figured that when N5 comes, then N4 will be on sale, no?
Yes the Note 4 will go down as we get closer to a Note 5 release. As for me I would wait for the Note 5 if I could, but that is because I rather have the newest tech. I currently have the Note 4 and only have great things to say about it. I thought about the S6 for a short time but I like having the S-Pen when I need it, that is completely a personal preference.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yes the Note 4 will go down as we get closer to a Note 5 release. As for me I would wait for the Note 5 if I could, but that is because I rather have the newest tech. I currently have the Note 4 and only have great things to say about it. I thought about the S6 for a short time but I like having the S-Pen when I need it, that is completely a personal preference.
Agreed.

Since you're coming from an S3, you may also want to consider the size difference closely. If you've never had a phone the size of a Note device, you should go to a store where they have them on display and really play around with it and see what it'll be like to use on a daily basis.

Going from the S3 to a Note will be a pretty big jump and you may find that you'd rather keep it a little smaller and go with the S6 instead.

If you're going with the Note and can afford it, I'd definitely try to wait for the new one. If you're waiting this long and will have the money either way, you might as well get the newer device with improvements made from lessons learned on this one and it should theoretically not get too outdated too quick. Since you're still holding onto an S3, I'd think longevity is important to you.

OP
V

vireya

Reaction score
OH Goodie
Then youll sell me yours, right?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Agreed.

Since you're coming from an S3, you may also want to consider the size difference closely. If you've never had a phone the size of a Note device, you should go to a store where they have them on display and really play around with it and see what it'll be like to use on a daily basis.

Going from the S3 to a Note will be a pretty big jump and you may find that you'd rather keep it a little smaller and go with the S6 instead.

If you're going with the Note and can afford it, I'd definitely try to wait for the new one. If you're waiting this long and will have the money either way, you might as well get the newer device with improvements made from lessons learned on this one and it should theoretically not get too outdated too quick. Since you're still holding onto an S3, I'd think longevity is important to you.
Definitely check out the size difference and think about how you tend to carry your phone because having a note might change that (a bit more difficult to slip into a pocket). I went from a RazrM (the smallest smart phone) to the note2. It ended up being an easy transition for me. Now, I can't imagine having anything smaller than a note. For me, the benefits of the big screen and the benefits of its big size outweigh anything else.

I'm still on Note3. The notes are the first phones where I didn't feel the need to rush to get the latest & greatest new phone. I plan on waiting for the N5 for my next phone. Like droidprincess, I like the option of having the pen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk