S6 Edge battery issue or OS issue? New at this, please help

trumpxlv

Reaction score
Hello!
I recently tried to replace my LCD/Digitizer on my S6 edge SM-G925V. Everything went well...at least I thought. The display works great! However, I believe I have either a battery issue or a OS issue.

After I installed the new screen, I booted the phone up. It loaded up fine. I went to check to make sure every feature worked. I was playing music to test the speaker and the phone just restarted on its own. I found that to be odd, and so I tried again. Same thing. This is just a couple minutes into it turning on by the way. Sometimes it would take longer to restart than others, but it was generally in the same time frame. I did try other apps to see if maybe the music app was causing it to have issues. The phone would restart randomly regardless of what I was doing.

I first thought that maybe the battery wasn't charged up enough. I charged it some, but was still getting the same issue. I then went to try and boot into safe mode. Still the same issue was there. I tried resetting the phone, master resetting the phone, and also wiping the partition. The phone now boots to the Samsung screen, then goes to the Verizon screen and then reboots in a endless cycle.

So...it was booting correctly, but randomly restarting. NOW, it's not getting past the Verizon screen and rebooting.

I tried using Odin and resetting it using the latest software update. It would pass just fine. The phone would reboot then go to "Installing Updates". It would get to 32% then say "Erasing". It would reboot back to the Samsung screen and start the endless boot process again.

The one thing that Intrigued me and led me to trying to use Odin was that when I would boot to the Downloader screen (The blue screen where you have to press up on the volume button to continue or down to cancel) the phone would never restart on that screen. I figured if it was a battery issue then it would restart regardless of what screen I was on.

But, I noticed something after all of this. The LED stays light up blue when the phone is powered off. The LED lights work correctly when the phone is on (Red when charging, changing from blue to green in a wave like pattern when turning on).

That kind of made me rethink the problem, and go back to it being a battery?

So, this is where I stand now. The phone would boot up, but randomly restart. I thought the OS may of been corrupted or something went wrong during the replacement of the screen so i tried resetting it, etc. Now, it the phone is just stuck in a endless loop. I noticed the LED lights up blue while the phone is turned off, so it has led me back to thinking it's a battery issue.

Lastly,
I don't believe I messed anything up when removing the battery. I was very gentle. I was watching a YouTube video that pointed out that thier technician poked the battery in the video, and they kept it there so we could learn from their mistake. Their battery leaked out a little and showed some residue on the black part of the piece it is mounted in. I never seen in residue or anything like that when I did mine.
I also unplugged the battery first before unplugged any of the other ribbons connected to the motherboard.

I am new to repair screens and I wanted to try on some of my old phones to get practice. Although this issue is frustrating, it is giving me a loads of knowledge on issues. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out with this. I'm not sure where else to go from here. I do have a battery ordered, but probably will not get here til sometime next week.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this long post!

**EDIT: I would like to mention that the battery doesn't get overly hot. It visibly looks fine as well.**

Last edited: