Annoying Issues with my Note, apps forcing closed, Shortcuts hanging around

enduser2941

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have the Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.0.4 with the Apex Launcher and I am running into some really weird issues. The device seems to be running rather slow, apps are locking up right and left and becoming unresponsive, apps seems to be leaving shortcuts laying around on the desktop after being uninstalled and some other rather odd issues like once in a while when an app becomes unresponsive and asks if I want to force stop, I say yes, next thing I know the Launcher (regardless of which Launcher) seems to stop responding and forces close, then the original default TW Launcher seems to take over even though the TW Launcher is not set as the default anymore. I am not really sure what to do about this and was hoping you guys could pass along some ideas as to what could be done to midigate some of these issues. I have noticed these same issues occur regardless of which Launcher is installed, though the issues seem to be somewhat less when just using the default Launcher.

Another really odd issue I have been seeing is that for no particular reason the WIFI seems to shut down even though based on the battery saver app and all other apps that "could" shut down the WIFI have been condigured to leave it alone. I can not find anywhere else that may tell the WIFI to turn off. So I'm really at a loss as to what is causing some of these issues.

I figured I would try installing an app called Fast Reboot by Great Bytes not the Pro version, to see if that would help calm some of these issues but it doesn't seem to have helped at all. I was curious if there was anyway of benchmarking the device before and after running Fast Reboot because while the app tells me that it restarted all the apps, I just don't see the apps restarting as there is no other evidence it's done anything, ie no screen flicker or anything. No icons disappear and reappear, no apps say they are restarting, the notification bar doesn't change at all, visually nothing tells me that anything actually restarted. I don't know if restarting the apps will actually make anything run any better other then clearing some memory. I don't know if restating the apps clears the cache files or anything. So I am not really sure what benefit there is to just restarting apps in the Droid OS.

Is there a better app to use other then Fast Reboot? Would the Pro version actually make anything work any better?

Any information you could provide would be helpful and greatly appreciated. I could really use some advise here.

Help Please!

Thanks!