S-Voice alternative?

hiimnate

Reaction score
Well I don't know if I'm just not understanding how to use it correctly but I HATE S-Voice. I loved the standard voice search I had on my Droid X and Droid Bionic. You just held down the "Search" button and viola! Whatever you said it did.

The main source of my annoyance is the following problem. I travel a LOT for work so I'm in new cities and towns a couple of times per week. That being said, I just want to be able to say to my phone "call best buy" or "call thai spice" or whatever and have it find me the closest one and call it. When I do that, it tries to find the closest match in my phone book. It's driving me NUTS. It's calling people I don't want to talk to! I used to be able to spend literally 2 seconds calling whatever I needed but now I have to google it with the city and it takes forever. Is there a way to get S-Voice to do what I want as simply as the old one? Is there a way to just get the old voice command?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I've been using Robin. It's mainly for the car though, but I like it.

You should still have the stock voice commands.

OP
H

hiimnate

Reaction score
Thanks! You are totally right. One thing though, the only way to access it is by clicking the microphone on the google 4x1 search. Is there a 1x1 microphone I can use as a widget? Couldn't find one and the 4x1 search takes up too much room on my homepage.

BeGood

Reaction score
I have always used vlingo, I am guessing that is the same, have not tried the S voice. Also has been the best at translating what I say, and I make it default for that for all applications.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
SpeakToIt Assistant does something similar to Siri. Tried it for a while on my OG Droid and found it as useless as Siri.